8 days post op, is it possible of getting a uniboob? (photos)

I am 8 days post surgery . I had lift and 225cc silicone implant put in . I don't really know much about implants and things that could happen . A friend said I better hope I don't get a uniboob!!! I'm afraid . What should I do ? Is this possible for me ?

You have NO evidence for symmastia ("uniboob").

I'm not sure why you call this person your friend when she has no plastic surgical training or experience, yet feels compelled to comment negatively on what appears to be a splendid early result. Unless, of course, she's also  telling you you'd better hope you don't get hit by a bus or struck by lightning! Your result should be "perfect" as your implants drop into place as your pockets and incisions heal and mature.

You should listen to your surgeon, as s/he has done a fabulous job, and your "friend" is making you worry needlessly. Share your concerns with your surgeon and ask if s/he has any suggestions to minimize this occurring. I would advise against wearing bras that compress the breasts inward (like push-up bras or stretch bras) and minimize strenuous activities for the first 2-3 weeks.

I see nothing of concern here but a busybody "friend." Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi P,
You look great.  No evidence of uniboob (synmastia).  You are lucky to look so good.  Fabulous work!  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

8 days post op, is it possible of getting a uniboob

Stop listening to your friend! They are not surgeons and LOOK at your posted photo... You are NO where near a "uni boob"... 

No evidence of symmastia

You should not worry about comments that has no place in your recovery. Your have good results and should call your surgeon if there is any concerns. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

No symmastia

You look fantastic! Your surgeon did a great job. There is no communication b/w the left and right breast pocket. Best of Luck with your continued recovery!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Not Uniboob for you

It does not appear that you have a uniboob (symmastia).  Good luck in your recovery.  

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Results

Let's just say your "friend" is not really being a "friend".  Based on your photo, there is no evidence of a "uni-boob" or synmastia.  You have some mild bruising and swelling which is completely normal just 8 days after surgery.  So stop listening to this "friend" who is unnecessarily stressing you out.  It looks like you are on your way to an excellent result.  Please followup with your PS as scheduled.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

You have tight cleavage, no uniboob

Your early results appear very good.  The distance between the breast mounds is narrow, but the
normal boundaries appear to have been conserved.  A "uniboob" is the layman's term for symmastia, when there is a communication between both breasts.  Your photo does not appear to show this.  Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Uniboob, (symmastia), eight days post op?

Thank you for the photo. There is no evidence of a uniboob, (symmastia), in this photo.  It looks like you are going to get a very nice result when it all settles in.  Please follow the instructions of your board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS