Retouch after lipo - belly button, uneven skin. (photos)

I had liposuction on my stomach 10 years ago, now I like to improve the look of uneven skin, and folded belly botton. Any suggestion to smooth out uneven skin, and open up belly button?

Sagging skin after liposuction

It appears that you will benefit from a TT to remove the extra/sagging skin and to reshape your BB. A TT will help accentuate your waistline and improve your overall shape. Please view the link attached to learn more about my technique to give long term results and create a cinched waistline without liposuction.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin 10 yrs after liposuction

Liposuction alone is a great option if your skin is in good shape and you have a little excess fat.  In your case, as it's been 10 years, the natural aging process has probably caused a bit of skin laxity.  A tummy tuck is probably going to be your best option to smooth out the abdomen.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Uneven Areas

Hello, thanks for posting your picture and for your inquiry. It seems that you need a tummy tuck in order to get rid of the extra skin, Liposuction would make the skin even saggier if you prefer to have it done. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, belly button, umbilicus, loose skin, uneven contour, liposuction

Judging from your picture,  I would lean toward abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.  This tightens skin, contours can be easily smoothed and the umblicus can be fashioned to be more youthful.  Hard to say for sure with just the one picture and no exam, but go see a board certified plastic surgeon with ASPS and ASAPS credentials and experienced and interested in abdominoplasty/ lipoabdominoplasty, and they can give you a more accurate assessement.

Paul Watterson, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Retouch after lipo - belly button, uneven skin.

Hello Renhaitx,
Thanks for your question.
If you feel you have laxity and contour irregularities with your belly button, a tummy tuck is the best option for giving you the best long-term fix.
That being said, there are several tissue heating devices like RF (radiofrequency) and U/S (ultrasound) that can slowly tighten up skin using a noninvasive treatment with low downtime.  Unlike surgery, several treatments would be necessary to make an improvement and the improvement would not be a good as surgery.  
I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has both a surgical and nonsurgical body contouring practice to check out both options.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Based on the limited picture, you probably get benefit with tummy tuck. Please consult with board certified PS for evaluation.

Laxity of abdominal wall years after lipo

Hi Renhaitx

From the looks alone, it appears that a tummy tuck would be your best bet.

The key to a good result from lipo is that at a minimum, you need to have fat, and good skin tone to shrink down over the smaller contour.  Only an exam can truly determine this.

A tummy tuck will remove stretched skin and excess fat while tightening up the muscle strength layer and fixing your umbilicus.

Lipo may be an option if your skin elasticity will permit, but it will not handle the other issues.

All the best.

Sek

Liposuction revision

Revision liposuction can potentially improve uneven contours but will not fix the overall look of your bellybutton.

Still laxity can often cause anger luck of the bellybutton after liposuction.

For women who have skin laxity due to previous pregnancies the full abdominoplasty sometimes needed to get the best look.

Undergoing an abdominoplasty is drastically different than having revision liposuction.

I suggest getting an in person consultation to get an accurate assessment.

At that point you need to decide what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to undergo.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Full tummy tuck

Likely you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. It is hard to say without an exam.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

So after 10 years your skin is going to become more lose and have laxity.  You can do external heating devices like venus legacy or velashape.  Internal devices like VASER and thermiRF or a hi def liposuction procedure with or without skin removal depend on what is needed at your consult.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.