Can I remove breast implants after 1 week of having them in and what will my outcome be? (photos)

I got breast aug a week ago and i regret it, i just want them removed. I am 26 yrs old no children and was a 36b...i got the gummy bear implant over the muscle with 450cc. How soon can i remove them? Will my breast zag or will the skin tighten back? Will i have any other complications if they take them out at such early time or is it an advanage

Implants can come out

I'm so sorry that you are frustrated. I absolutely agree with Dr. Tholen. This is a scenario that we try very hard to avoid by carefully measuring the base diameter of the breast and then choosing an appropriate size. Regardless of how much swelling you have, the implants are simply too big and too wide. The gummy bear type feels much more firm and by being above the muscle it is more palpable. Typically we would wait a month or so for things to heal up before interrupting the wound. You likely will go back to your previous shape. I think if you would have had something closer to 325CC it would have been a better fit. Best of Luck!

When can breast implants be removed if one thinks they are too big?

Although you are swollen and feel like you are way too big, it is probably worth waiting a couple of weeks to see where things go.  If at that point you think you absolutely want something done , you could have smaller implants or have these removed.  Please discuss all your concerns with your surgeon first. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Regretful

I'm sorry you are not happy with the result and regretting your decision to get BA. I would strongly suggest you give this a few weeks (4-6) to let the implants drop and settle into the pocket.  I doubt if you made a snap decision to have the procedure done and I hate to see you make a snap decision to remove the implants without at least waiting to see the final result. if you are still unhappy with the result in a few weeks, have them removed.  Keep in contact with your physician about your concerns. Best of luck to you

Removal of Sientra Breast Implants

I am very sorry that you are not happy with the outcome of your surgery.  We generally advise patients who only have had a week or two to adjust to their new look to wait 4 to 6 weeks but if you are that unhappy there is not point in waiting.  If you do decide to get your breast implants removed, the skin should settle back to its original form without any problem but it does take a few weeks for this to happen completely.I hope that helps.Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Early Regret after Breast Implants

It is understandable to have some shock and body adjustment after undergoing breast augmentation.  Your breasts appear to be still very swollen.

I have only had one patient in 12 years ask for her implants to be removed right after they were put in.  I talked her into keeping them and when she came back in 2-3 weeks, she was very happy I had not just removed them.

I'm not saying don't remove them. I'm just saying give it a least a couple of weeks to think about it. Once the bruising and swelling goes away, you might start to like them.

You can discuss this further with your surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Removing implants

if you are sure you want them removed, then the sooner the better so that the skin can retract back as much as possible. Will you go back exactly to the way you were previously is impossible to tell as the skin has been stretched. I urge you to discuss this at length with your surgeon though. Possibly a change in size and profile of the implant might be better than removing them altogether.

Julio Garcia, MD

Buyers remorse is not infrequent

After 400 implants per year and using gummy bear implants for 10 years, when we were placing 410 implants from Allergan I did have women that did not like the firm nature of these and requested removal. This has not occurred with the use of Sientra highly cohesive implants. They are much like the feel and shape of a native breast. 
With that said your implants appear large for your frame and currently result in a downward tilt of the areola. This may improve as swelling dissipates so please wait a full 3 months before laying judgement.  If there are still concerns, contact your surgeon, this can remedied. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Breast Implants

Hi Butterfly,
I am sorry you are feeling badly about this.  No fun.  There are three parts to my answer.  First, many patients feel like you do.  It takes up to 12 weeks for the mind to incorporate the implants as being part of you.  So be patient for a few months.  Second, you are so young, and have not had children, it is doubtful you will loose much elasticity.  Third, and foremost, what exactly bothers you about your breasts?  To my eye, from only one photo, your nipple is below the center of your breast.  If this is at the heart of your regret, keep your surgeon in the loop, and come up with a plan.
 I already know you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon because Sientra only sells to BC plastic surgeons (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who are members of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons).
Also Sientra is the only implant company who has a warrantee if you develop a capsule after receiving their textured implants.  .

How quickly after breast augmentation can I remove my implants?

I am so sorry you are having regrets!   I would strongly encourage you to try and wait a few weeks before you throw away the money you spent for these implants.  If you wait about 6 weeks you will have a great idea what your final result will be.  Regardless of whether you were to remove these implants today or several months from now, I suspect your breasts will bounce back to the same point would should be very close to what you started with.  So try and take a deep breath and wait and see, you may want them out, you may want them smaller.  I assume you spent a little time choosing this size, and to have implants so give yourself time to adjust and if you wait six to eight weeks and still hate them then get them out!   Best of luck. 

Melinda Haws, MD

Can I remove breast implants after 1 week of having them in and what will my outcome be?

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating situation. Assuming you are absolutely certain that you wish to have the breast implants removed, there is no specific timeframe that you will need to wait to do so. Given your youth  ,probable good quality skin elasticity and the short duration that your breasts have been augmented it is very likely that your breasts will “bounce back”  to an appearance very close to your starting point. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal concerns, helpful to you. Best wishes.