Is a refund feasible? Botched Juvederm in tear troughs.

I had juvderm injected in my tear troughs and nasolobial folds 3 weeks ago and had severe bruising and swelling. Went back yo doc 2x and he said wait it may go down. It has not and I need it dissolved. I'm afraid if I have that doc do it I'll start all over with 2 black eyes. I've had filler once before a year ago - radiesse and I had no issues so am going to have that doc dissolve this. This cost me $1300 for 2 vials and weeks of embarrassment and discomfort. I feel I should get a refund. Thoughts?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I would recommend asking your original injector to at least dissolve the filler material in order to return you to your previous appearance and then seek another injector for a future treatment.  Refunds will be at the discretion of the injector and his/her's office but it does not hurt to ask.  

Juvederm

Thank you for your question. I would have the filler dissolved if you are unhappy with your results and have a different filler placed in your tear troughs. Juvederm is not the best choice for the tear trough area due to the swelling that it can cause. You would have to speak with the office who did the filler to see what their policy is on refunds. Best of luck. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Unhappy with Tear Trough Injections--Try Belotero with Cannulas

This would need to be discussed with your Dr's office. If after you have it dissolved, you can try a different technique. I recommend injections with cannulas to this area to minimize any problems that may arise. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm for tear troughs, now with problems

It sounds like there was lack of experience by the injector. I never use Juvederm in this area because it often leads to chronic swelling. Also, I always use cannulas to prevent/minimize the bruising. Refunds are individualized per office and that needs to be discussed directly with them.

Steven F. Weiner, MD