If you have already had Radiesse injections within the last 12 months, it is ok to use Restylane now?

I have radiesse in my cheeks but want to add a little more volume and thought about using restylane but want to know if that is safe or advisable? Thanks.

Restylane/Liquid Face Lift/Hyaluronic Acids

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can receive Restylane treatment at this time without any issues.  I often use different fillers in layers for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Is it ok to receive Restylane injection 1 year following Radiesse

Thank you for sharing your question. There should not be a problem receiving the Restylane injections at this point. Make sure your doctor is aware of the prior treatment and has a conservative plan with you.  Good luck,

Facial Sculpting/ Cheek Augmentation - Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Yes, Restylane can be injected after Radiesse placement 12 months ago. I often "layer" fillters for a conservative and natural look. Best, Dr. Emer

If you have already had Radiesse injections within the last 12 months, it is ok to use Restylane now

I think it would be safe to inject Restylane into the area where the Radiesse was injected a year ago. I do not think there would be any increased potential problems compared to injecting an area for the first time

Julio Garcia, MD

Ok to use Restylane

Hello.  It's fine to get Restylane injections even after Radiuses 12 months ago.  Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler, different than Radiesse- a  calcium hydroxyapatite product.  There is minimal risk of adverse interaction between the two.  The key is to make sure your desired results is achievable with Restylane.  Bear in mind, it may not look natural to have too much fillers placed.  The best course is to consult a board certified doctor or surgeon for exam and discussion.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane 12 months after Radiesse

Both fillers work very effectively but are not long lasting.  Even though some of your Radiesse is probably still present using a hyaluronic should be just fine.  The key is to avoid over filling since volume restoration is not the equivalent to a face lift if that is what's needed.  Also, keep in mind that your Radiesse volume should be waning and you consequently may need a touchup with either filler as it disappears over the next few months.Good luck.  I'd suggest you meet with a Bd Certified derm or an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon experienced in facial rejuvenation and the use of fillers.
Jon A.. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery ABC TV  Extreme Makeover Surgeon  Best of Los Angeles Award  2015, 2016 Beverly Hills, Ca.  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Filler combinations

It is perfectly ok to get more than one filler even in the same session , but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in the placement of the materials

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Hello Kimalatx,
It is usually no problem to add another filler before the last one completely goes away.  Radiesse is a different material than the HA based fillers like Restylane you are asking about.  But using them both doesn't cause any problems when injected properly.  If you are looking for a filler for your cheeks I would recommend using either Restylane Lyft or Juvederm Voluma.  
I'd also recommend you receive your injections from a physician from one of the core aesthetic fields such as facial plastic surgery to help you get the results you are wanting.
I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon