Quick question about breast size after breast augmentation. (Photo)

I am between 150 pounds and 155 pounds or so and I am 5'6. I already have a doctor and only one more thing to send in (mammogram radiology report and did mammogram yesterday) and I will be able to set the date. getting 575cc under muscle silicone. I am about 150 pounds maybe 155 at the most. My cup size now is a B34-B36. Can I get an estimation on about how big that will be? DD? big? Too small? Maybe an estimation on how big they might be? Hopefully these pictures show my before size well.

Breast augmentation

The problem with predicting what cup size  someone will be after a breast augmentation is that there are various factors that determine this including the starting volume of your breast. Also, different manufacturers size bras differently. Therefore, in my experience, and therefore in my practice I like to focus on a specific look that a patient is looking for. Based on certain breast measurements and a discussion about the look, I also encourage patients to bring in "wish" pictures of what they would like to look like. Certain phrases such as" too big or natural" mean different things to different people. Sizers are then worn in the office so that the patient can see what they might look like with implants in place. I find this exercise to be more predictive and more accurate as far as trying to achieve the best outcome possible. Best of luck

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Eventual cup size= Native breast tissue + implant volume used

Thnx for pics and question.  Congrats on choosing a PS practice and getting relevant preop workup. It's #impractical to "guarantee" cup size, after breast augmentation, although it's reasonable to "guesstimate".  I may have missed whether you selected a standard, moderate plus or other style 575cc device.  The profile should ideally suit your frame as well as your personal aesthetic ideals.  Be an active participant in that choice. Do realize that #higher profile implants have narrower base diameters and may result in a larger gap between the breasts.  It appears that your right breast volume appears slightly smaller and the nipple position lower, so additional variables such as simultaneous periareolar lift +/- asymmetric volume implants may be used.  Having trained in Galveston, I believe there is geographic variability in desired cup size but ultimately, choose implants which harmonize with your build and lifestyle.  Good luck. 

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Quick question about breast size after breast augmentation.

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. In other words, I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes…  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon