Is there a procedure where my fat can be transferred to the back of my hands?

An excellent technique

This is an excellent technique that can give quite dramatic results.

Technical expertise varies as do patients' responses to treatment.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Fat ransfer

Good afternoon!

yes- fat transfer is a great way to rejuvenate the back of your hands giving more volume and subsequently a more youthful appearance.  The procedure is performed as an outpatient  usually under light sedation.  You can return to desk type work after 1 or 2 days.

Whatever fat survives the transfer after the first four to six weeks is theoretically there forever- it is a great long term solution to the inevitable fat atrophy of the dorsum of our hands.

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to the hands is a reasonable way to improve contours and texture.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Fat Transfer to the Back of the Hands

Since describing fat grafting to the back of the hands many years ago we have frequently and successfully used this technique as part of our rejuvenation techniques. It is frustrating to spend time and money on facial rejuvenation and not treat aging hands which may give away our secret.

I have used fat augmentation for our contouring of aging hands for more than 35 years.

I have used fat augmentation for contouring of aging hands for more than 35 years. At that time other surgeons said it did not work. I had a patient where I put fat in one hand and nothing in the other hand and waited two years. At that time you could still see that the grafted hand looked far younger than that nongrafted hand. This procedure works and works quite well in proper hands.