Post op/out of town; what is a list of things I need for post-op mommy makeover?

What is a list of things I need for post op mommy makeover. I've heard that some people buy way too much. I don't want to buy things that I don't need

Mommy Makeover Supplies

Your #boardcertified plastic surgeon should provide you with a list of post-op instructions and supplies you will need to make your #recovery as smooth and easy as possible.  At the very least you will of course need a #binder and #compressiongarment, some painkillers per your surgeon's recommendation, and some ice packs.  Some patients also find that #Arnica helps with #bruising and #swelling.  You may also wish to rent a walker to make getting around a little easier during the #healing process.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

DrDerby

It is best to ask your surgeon what he recommend you to take with you. also it is important to know if you are staying in a hotel or a recovery house , because a recovery house usually has lists of recommended products to take with you. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - what do I need to take?

• Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.
  • You absolute first step is to arrange with a plastic surgeon in your area to see you after your mommy make-over if needed.
  • You will be charged for such care - but you will be in trouble if you have a complication and no plastic surgeon to see you.
  • Second, be sure you need to travel - if you are in Houston, there are many excellent plastic surgeons.
  • Finally, ask the surgeon who is doing your surgery to tell you what to bring -
  • But at least bring a friend or family member. It is unwise to do major surgery alone away from home

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Needs Post Op

In my practice patients  who come from out of town usually stay in a hotel and see me the next day but it is not a  medical facility. Therefor, I give my patients what they need in regards to medical supplies (dressings, binders, support bra etc). However if you are staying in a recover suite they should have all supplies there as well. Hopefully your surgeon's office can you give more information on where you're staying what is included!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Each physician will have their own recommended supplies, so I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon, but below I have attached an exhaustive list of options that a realself user wrote up. You can use this list to run the items by your surgeon for their applicability to your procedures. Hope this helps.

Post op recovery supplies for a mommy makeover

In my practice I provide everything required for the recovery. Dressing supplies, garments, vitamins.  Additional items that patients may need they can buy extra, include extra garments, scar therapy ointment.  
I would encourage you to contact your PS office and ask what is required and recommended. I'm sure if you sent an email/call, you would get a quick answer.  We all have some minor differences in recovery care.  

Hope that helps and best wishes on your upcoming surgery!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD