Post abdominalplasty wound care

Do I change the bandage?

Wound Care After Tummy Tuck

Each surgeon has their own instructions for post operative care, be sure you understand what your surgeon wants you to do regarding your dressings and all after care. Good luck.

Post abdominalplasty wound care

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Only your plastic surgeon can provide you with a relevant answer when it comes to post op care instructions. Remember, that these instructions will vary from one physician to another. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Tummy tuck woundcare

Thanks for your inquiry.  If you call your surgeon's office, his/her nurse will advise.  We each have different woundcare protocols, good luck.  

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

A question for your MD

Good morning!
All PSs have their own postoperative protocol.  You need to ask your surgeon or his/her nurse how they want you to tend to your incision.  In my practice I allow patients to shower the day after surgery.
I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Dresssing change?

Thank you for your question. Yes, you should change your dressing certainly within 48 hour of your surgery. Speak with your surgeon and get detailed instructions from him or her as all surgeons seem to handle post operative wound care differently. Ask when you can shower (usually at 36-48 hours post operative). Don't be shy in asking these questions of your surgeon.Best Wishes,