Are there plastic surgeons in Houston who do The Composite Facelift pioneered by Dr. Sam Hamra?

I'm a fit, active 56 year old male. I had a facelift and brow lift in 2006. My cheeks, which weren't addressed in my first surgery, are sagging and deflated. I have redundant tissue at my nasolabial folds. My lower eyelids look hollow. I'm also beginning to see some jowling returning to my jawline. After extensive research, I believe that Dr. Sam Hamra's composite facelift would probably be the best technique to address my needs. Are there plastic surgeons doing this technique in Houston?

Thanks for your question. There are several techniques for such a complex procedure like a facelift. Each patient's needs and goals are different so its best to start by finding a board certified plastic surgeon that has done over 100 procedures per year.
Through computer imaging and the consultation process, the various facelift methods, which includes the mini facelift, MAC lift, deep layer, multi layer, and SMAS facelift, can be demonstrated on the patient’s image to evaluate the best options for a patient.Wish you all the best,Dr. Henry Mentz

facelift procedure

In our practice, we perform a high-SMAS  face/ neck lift procedure.  The goal of a lower face and neck lift is to tighten loose facial  and neck skin, tight and loose facial and neck muscles, lift the jowls and remove any fatty deposits in the neck. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Composite face lift

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • Dr. Hamra is in practice in Dallas.
  • You can either see him in person or ask his office for a referral to someone in Houston.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

My cheeks, which weren't addressed in my first surgery, are sagging and deflated.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.