Looking for a plastic surgeon in Houston, TX that has done many vaginoplasty surgeries & also tightens the muscles.

Looking for a Plastic Surgeon in Houston, TX that has done many Vaginoplasty surgeries, & also tightens the muscles during the procedure. I have read there are several techniques. Just taking skin from the bottom of the vagina wall & another one that takes 2 different almond shaped cuts on the sides of the vaginal wall to tighten the vagina. Which is best & are both effective? I;n 50 & had 2 natural child births
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 5

Houston surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate you question.   Please understand you can NOT  tighten the vagina unless you pull the lateral walls of the vagina inward i.e. to tighten the muscles.  Surgeons who are only tightening the opening of the vagina or the distal 2-3 cm are not doing the correct surgery for you and you are wasting your money.  

I operated on two patients this week one from AZ who had her surgery done in Southern California who had exactly that a distal tightening and it is not functional for her  The other patient from Kuwait was going to get a procedure in Egypt and she too would have not had the correct procedure.  Please do not limit yourself to a geographic location based on your location.  Choose a surgeon with experience, expertise and proven results as well as sometype of 1 year guarantee.  

Best of luck  in your decision

John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Barking up the wrong tree & letting the expert define the steps of the procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Experts in vaginoplasty are experts in vaginal and pelvic reconstructive surgery, not plastics. You will find such experts among gynecologists, urogynecologists, and urologists. You can read about different techniques all day long, but real experts customize each procedure to the anatomy that needs to be fixed. The shape of the incisions is irrelevant and not something that you choose a la carte. What's really important is that the muscles are tightened both inside and outside the vagina and not just skin.

Vaginoplasty Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you so much for your questions. Female genital rejuvenation is a very personal journey and I commend you for taking the first steps!

There are subjective and objective measures of vaginal laxity and depending on the cause-different options can be given including noninvasive and invasive (surgery). Its important to visit with a plastic surgeon that has a special interest in genital rejuvenation or a urogynecologist, as answered. If there is any degree of pelvic organ prolapse that is present, a urogynecologist is often the way to go. That being said, many women don't know if they have this and to what degree. As such, being examined by a board certified Plastic Surgeon, Urogynecologist, or OB/GYN with specific interest in this area is usually a great place to start. Most with a specific interest in this area, do perform muscle repair, as indicated. If prolapse is present and there are other genital aesthetic concerns beyond the functional, many plastic surgeons work in tandem with urogynecologists, as needed, for total genital rejuvenation. 

As far as noninvasive options, ThermiVa is a new radiofrequency probe that we offer that tightens the vaginal tissue IN ADDITION to tightening the external structures for a more tailored and youthful appearance. There are some added benefits that have been observed in addition to vaginal tightening, including improvement in stress urinary incontinence (leakage when coughing, laughing, working out), improved lubrication, and improved sexual arousal and orgasms. Our training center has seen many happy patients benefit from this procedure, without the need for surgical intervention.

A consultation and exam will let you know your options! Best of luck.

Dr. Hustak

Kristi Hustak, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Plastic or GYN?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Muscle supporting vaginal surgeries are typically routine OBGYN (spelled GYN) procedures and you do not want to avoid your Gynecologist in this matter. Discuss this with him/her and make sure your expectations (especially any external skin changes-labiaplasties, etc.) are going to be met. If not, seek more focused specialist depending on your list of desired changes. Often the more experienced OBGYN (?older) find these questions easy to answer. You may need a cosmetic GYNECOLOGIST/urogynecologist if these are issues for you.

You need a Reconstructive and Cosmetic Vaginal surgeon...not a plastic surgeon!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Biotegirl,

Thank you for your excellent post!

If you are looking for a surgeon with expertise in vaginoplasty you need to narrow your search to a board certified Urogynecologist with extensive experience in reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgery. This type of specialist is best suited for assessing your symptoms and providing you with all of your options. From your description, you are 50 years old and experiencing vaginal relaxation symptoms following 2 vaginal deliveries which is what most of my patients come in complaining about.

Many women I see for vaginoplasty consultation have pelvic prolapse which is a medical condition covered by insurance. If you have such a condition then we would certainly bill your insurance company to repair this. Please visit the urogynecologic section of my website, link below, to become more familiar with these problems. Laser Perineoplasty and Laser Reduction Labiaplasty are not covered by insurance.

A new option available to my patients since November of 2013 is the new Alma CO2 laser - FemiLift. This is an in-office Laser Vaginal Resurfacing procedure which I offer for vaginal tightening and/or urinary stress incontinence. We've seen great results.  At the time of your consultation I would be able to determine if you are a candidate. My office is one of the first in the country to offer this option.

Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.