What can you do when your facelift makes you uglier? What can be done for this facelift? (Photo)

I had a face lift 7 weeks ago and now I have multiple bags under my eyes and a neck thst goes from my chin to the mid neck area. I am disgusted. I hate the chin and neck area most of all. It looks much worse then before having the surgery. Is there anything that can be done?

Facelift result.

IF you want to improve your facelift result, I would recommend am Eyelid surgery to remove the excess skin and fat pads under your lower and upper eyelids. The neck lift can be done in a better fashion and we can improve your results there. Hope this answers your question. Have a good day.

Colombia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags and neck

It is a little early for any revision as things will settle and change for months.  Further tightening and contouring may be performed. Additionally, eyelid surgery helps improve the overall facial appearance.

Best to Meet with Your Surgeon to Discuss Your Disappointment

Throughout the #facelift #healing process you should be seen frequently by your doctor and one of their registered nurses to ensure you are following instructions properly and your recovery is going well. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away. 

#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
At this point into your healing, it may best to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns. Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision. As with all #cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical #procedure and #revision, there are some risks of unhappy outcome or other complications which your surgeon should discuss with you during your consultation. Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery.

Unhappy with facelift

7 weeks following your facelift may be too soon to fully evaluate.  There is always some rebound laxity and swelling that occurs in this period.

Be patient, and continue to seek follow up from your surgeon.

Additional tightening can be performed after all the swelling and healing has elapsed.  The is usually after the first year.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with results following facelift

Sorry to hear of your unhappiness with your facelift. It is still early in the healing phase. Wait a few months more before judging results. Follow up with your surgeon to point out areas of your concern. Have the doctor take post op photos for side-by-side comparisons. Given more time, you are likely to look better. You can always get a second opinion in person if you are still dissatisfied in a few months. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Results not ideal following face lift...

Thanks for posting in this forum. You have posted a similar question to this about 3 times already. Each time, our recommendations are the same: please follow up with your surgeon and express your concerns and try not to evaluate the results of your surgery too soon.  The one person who should care about your results as much as you is your surgeon. 

Your photos do not reveal an "uglier" woman to me, but these social photos are not ideal for proper facial analysis. I would suggest comparing your STANDARDIZED before and current after photos with your surgeon to review what has been accomplished or not been accomplished with the surgery.  Sometimes a face lift recovery can be like "watching grass grow" and you quickly forget how things were beforehand. 

If your surgeon is dismissive of your concerns, please consider obtaining a second opinion from a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Bringing your standardized before/ after photos and any operative reports to this second opinion would be most helpful. 

Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can be done?

I agree that it is too early make any final judgements and that your best source for insight comes from your Plastic Surgeon.  Facial aging causes loss of volume. The cheeks flatten or appear to split as a furrow develops. A smile makes one look younger as the muscles of the face increases the fullness of the cheeks . Adding volume to the cheeks is helpful for many patients.  

Unhappy

Thank you for your question and photos. Th goal of aesthetic surgery is for you to feel better and clearly your are extremely disappointed. From the photos you have enclosed its hard to compare the pre and post operative result. While 7 weeks may feel like an eternity when you are struggling its actually fairly early in the postop recovery and things may change for the better. That said I would highly recommend you speak with your surgeon and express your concerns. Its likely that they can ease some of your concerns and make a plan for the next few months as you heal
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Facelift Post Op

Most likely, you are still experiencing swelling.  This will subside over time. Everyone heals at a different rate.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

What can be done for this facelift?

It is still a bit early to make judgements on the final results.For good visible comparison purposes same view and same angle photos both pre and post are necessary. If  concerns remain about the results not meeting the expectations which were presented to you, I suggest you discuss this with your surgeon.