1 week post op, the entire left breast it is extremely tight and painful. Any suggestions?

I just had a lift and Aug exactly seven days ago.. Everything was fine until I felt muscle pain in my back behind left breast. Now the entire left breast it is extremely tight and painful.

Breast tight and painful after surgery.

Sorry about your discomfort.  It is very likely you developed some bleeding after surgery which led to a trapped hematoma.  There are a couple of other possibilities to explain your symptoms.  But, hematoma needs to be considered first because early drainage of a trapped hematoma will alleviate your symptoms and avoid later problems.  I would contact your surgeon about what you're experiencing as soon as possible.  Best of luck to you.

East Brunswick General Surgeon

Tightness and pain post breast augmentation

I’m sorry for your current situation.I highly suggest that you contact your Plastic Surgeon for a follow up at this point.The biggest concern here is a hematoma (bleeding).If this is the case, you will require surgical evacuation and this is something you want addressed emergently.I hope this helps.Best of luck.

Eugene Kim, MD

Pain after breast augmentation and lift

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain.
There are many reasons why you may be experiencing pain - swelling, muscle spasm, fluid collection, or hematoma.
Please call your surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
Good luck.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they should look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. pain is a very common situation, get to your doctor if you feel something else, Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I'm sorry to hear about your new pain and tightness.  Without a photo, it's hard to say what's going.  It could be bleeding resulting in an expanding hematoma amongst other things but that would have to be ruled out.  In such a case, please contact your surgeon immediately.  Do not wait on this.  Good luck to you.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS