What is the Best option for my lip scar? (photos)

I had an accident when I was 14 and I had stitches in the emergency room now I am 33 years old and I lost my self-confidence because of my lip scar what is the best option to fix ?it and how much it costs ?is it going to look perfect ? and do you know any good plastic surgeon in Houston that you can recommend for me. thank you

Laser therapy and Hidef Scar Protocol for your lip scar

I would suggest a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, surgical scar revision, followed by our Hidef Scar Protocol that includes lasers, RF, fractional treatment, and scar modulation. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Lip scar

Your lip scar doesn't appear to be too thick. I would start with a few sessions of microneedling to try to break up the scar. Other option is to revise the scar so it is less noticeable or thick. Tough to tell on one pic and you'd need to be fully examined. But certainly there are some things to try, just can't guarantee you anything. It's a tough area

What is the Best option for my lip scar?

Hello dima me,The reason your lip scar is noticeable is because it travels at a non anatomic angle (going more side to side instead of up and down), is lighter in color than the rest of your lip, and cross the midline creating a small depression.  There are several options to improve the appearance, but you indicated you wanted things to look "perfect."  When it comes to treating a mature scar it is important to realize the goal is to make it less noticeable, not necessarily completely invisible. I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over some of the options and expectations.I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon