What would i have to do and go through to get a nose that will fit my face. It is huge. I hate it. (photos)

My bridge is wide and the tip. I just want to know can my type nose be fix

Issues improved by rhinoplasty

From your photos I agree that your nasal tip is wide and bulky.  The tip appears overly rounded and the bridge a bit wide.  All of these issues can be successfully addressed with cosmetic rhinoplasty.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would I have to do and go through to get a nose that will fit my face.

Although it is difficult to evaluate without a complete photo of your nose, you appear to be a great candidate for rhinoplasty. Your nasal tip can be reduced to appear less “ball-tipped” and the nasal bridge can be narrowed. In my practice, I like to use 3-D volumetric photos to communicate realistic surgical outcomes to my patients. I suggest scheduling an in-person consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about the procedure and down time associated with surgery. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Dear peppy56, Yours looks like a very typical nose that would benefit by rhinoplasty. Be sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has many pre- and postop pictures to demonstrate proficiency. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Nose

You are right that your nasal tip is wide and bulky.  These can be changed with a rhinoplasty.  I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can evaluate your face and nose, and discuss what kind of a nose may better balance your entire face.  Good luck!

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Your concerns can be addressed with a cosmetic rhinoplasty.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam to discuss your options.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages  in nasal tip area. Cartilaginous spreader grafts may be required in the mid-portion of the nose where it is pinched. The dorsal hump which is composed of bone and cartilage can be shaved down. The bridge line is narrowed with osteotomies.  Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For more information and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty

Based on your photos alone, it appears the tip of your nose is somewhat bulbous, which can be addressed with rhinoplasty. Overall, it appears you are a good rhinoplasty candidate. But you must consult an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in-person, to know for sure. Best wishes!

Adam L. Basner, MD

How small is small in rhinoplasty?

It appears that your bridge is slightly wider than ideal and the width of your tip is too much. Also the shape of your tip is rounded. All these issues can be addressed with a high success rate by rhinoplasty. So you appear to be physically a good candidate for nose surgery.

Rhinoplasty

Based on your limited photographs, you appear to have features that are commonly addressed in nasal (rhinoplasty) aesthetic surgery. I suggest you begin by consulting with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. That way an in-person exam can be performed, details of surgery can be discussed, and the surgeon can perform nasal imaging to simulate the effects of surgery. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and reduction of nasal prominence?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It appears quite clear from the limited views that you posted that you stand benefit from aesthetic refinement of your nasal tip and possible your bridge.  A face-to-face examination and consultation would be necessary but I would be very optimistic that your nose can be improved and better balance to your face and its features.
Meet with several board-certified plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons to discuss your options and review before and after photographs of other patients.  Do not make a hasty decision but I think once you are confident in the doctor you have chosen are likely to achieve a very satisfying improvement.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD