Is it normal to still be in a lot of pain 10 months after lipo to arms. Hurts to lift arms or pickup things lipo Is this normal?

I had a bbl surgery and lipo to my arms almost 10 months ago. My arms are still in a lot of pain. I can barley lift things now since the lipo. It hurts to sleep on my sides because arms be in much pain. I never had any of these problems before lipo to my arms. What could be the problem?

Liposuction - still having pain ten months later

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.

• I am so sorry you have this problem after your arm liposuction.
  • Your surgeon knows what was done and you need to return to see her/him for an evaluation of your pain.
  • It is definitely not normal.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes¬† - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pain after 10 months of lipo

Thank you for your question. It is very unusual to have pain at this stage. I recommend yppu to see your surgeon for evaluation. It may or may not related to the procedure.

Post Liposuction Pain/ Swelling -- Start Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Massage, Cellutone/Z Wave

The pain may not be related to your procedure. That being said, nerves are effected during liposuction which can cause pain, but after a period of healing, pain dissipates. I recommend contacting your Dr. to follow up. Best, Dr. Emer

It is not normal to experience pain at this level 10  months after liposuction. This pain may or may not be related to the liposuction. I would first see your PS to see what they think. If they feel it is not related to your liposuction, they may be able to guide you in the right direction as all of us had hand training during residency.