My vagina lips are wrinkled and dark - very uncomfortable with it. I'm scared to do anything sexual cause how it looks (Photo)

is it normal for it too look like this ? is there anyway to fix it besides vagina lip surgery ? please answer asap

Labiaplasty, Dark labia

There is a wide range between woman of what may be considered normal amounts of vaginal skin and color.
Just as the size of numerous body organs vary so does the vaginal skin.
Good reasons to explore revision are discomfort during intercourse or physical activities.
Prior to undergoing a surgical procedure patients should understand that they may be focusing their insecurities on the size or shape of a sexual organ. No one sees the vaginal skin of most woman except themselves.
Most men do not focus on the appearance of the vagina since exposure is usually under dim lighting. If they have issues with this they should be examined not you.
This a very personal decision which a patient should make on their own.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Labiaplasty, Dark labia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Labia minora color and contour

I have practiced gynecology for over 20 years and have examined thousands of women. I would like to reassure you that your labia are very normal and there is no need to be embarrassed about your appearance. it is important to know that there is a wide range of "normal". Many many women have darker skin areas on their labia. It is also normal for that skin to be loose and wrinkle even in very young women. I have treated women who are not happy with the color of their labia with the Intima laser. I have also had good success with using that for labia skin tightening in order to help with the loose skin. You may want to consider vaginal laser treatment for the skin of your labia that you are not happy with. 

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

Labia minora color and contour

Lori Warren, MD
Louisville Urogynecologist

What are these dark and wrinkled lips/tissues?

There is a great deal of normal variation between the appearances of women's vaginas.  I would agree with the other respondents that your labia minora are slightly enlarged and their appearance could be improved by performing a straightforward procedure such as a labiaplasty.

Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for posting your pictures. Seems like this is causing you significant distress and is prompted you to look for help. Her main problem is hyperpigmentation. This can be corrected or at least improved and there are multiple treatment options such as vaginal pills, laser treatments, and hyperpigmentation creams. I will encourage you to see a doctor with experience in her vaginal rejuvenation. Hope this answer was helpful. Good luck!

Hyperpigmentation

His dark skin normal in the vagina?

The short answer is yes.  Each person has a varying degree of pigment.  In some locations we can remove it.  Particularly, an examination would help in giving you a definitive answer.  I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to at least get a proper examination and good information.

His dark skin normal in the vagina?

Wrinkled and dark "vagina" lips or labia minora is normal.

Yes, it is normal for "vagina" lips or labia minora to look like the photos you submitted. The internet attention to a surgery called "Labiaplasty" has educated women about a procedure to reduce excessive skin that hangs below the labia majora and becomes irritated during normal activities like sports and intercourse, and bulges under a bathing suit and clothing. I do not believe that their is a definition for 'normal' vagina lips or labia minora. Every women has her unique appearance to the external genitalia (Labia majora, labia minora, and clitoris and clitoral hood) and every women, despite the variation in size and color,  is therefore, NORMAL!

If you have have irritation from these normal anatomical structures during normal activity, I would recommend you have a consultation with an EXPERIENCED ABMS certified surgeon who can help you understand your anatomy and help you decide if Labiaplasty will help you.  Good Luck!

Discoloration of labia minora

Not every young female "inspects" her labia minora or for that matter vulva/vagina from the easthetic point of view. If you are concerned with the appearance of this area, you may benefit from a consultation with gynecologist and if you still desire to change the appearance, visit an experienced surgeon in labiaplasty procedures. Since most likely you are concerned with the color/pigmentation of the external edges of labia, you would need specifically address the question during your consultation. Not all labiaplasty techniques would eliminate or reduce the darker edges of labia minora; therefore it is important to be specific about the issue. The good news is, the pigmented edges can be easily corrected surgically. 

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Discoloration of labia minora

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Dark labia minora

The dark labia minora pigmentation is normal. This area can vary in pigmentation widely. If a edge trim technique is used that pigmentation may be reduced. But you have to be careful to not completely amputate the minora. The trim should improve the wrinkling as well. Thank you. 

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Dark labia minora

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkled and dark labia

Your labia are well within the range of "normal." Size and color varies from woman to woman. Often, hypertrophic or excess labial skin is darker than the surrounding vaginal skin. If you are bothered by the size or appearance of the labia, this excess/darkened skin can be removed with labiaplasty surgery. See before and after pictures and learn more about this surgery below. 

Wrinkled and dark labia

Labiaplasty

If you are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of your external genitalia, or you feel that it is interfering with your sexual activity, exercise, hygiene, daily life, or self-confidence, you may be a candidate for a labiaplasty. This is an extremely popular procedure in my practice, and patient satisfaction is very high.

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH

Labiaplasty

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH