Should I get a Mommy Makeover (Tummy Tuck, Lipo & Breast Augmentation)? (Photo)

I am 26 yrs old and I have 1 child who is 15 months old. My husband and I have toyed with the idea of having just one child but, if we have 1 more we wanted to wait 4-5 years. I always said that I wanted at least 2 but I'm actually considering not having anymore because I want a mommy makeover so bad. After I had my daughter, my stomach and breast look horrible (in my opinion). Should I wait to have more children or can I go ahead and get the MM? If so, will it ruin the TT & can I breast feed?

The Results of a Mommy Makeover May be Compromised If Prior to Pregnanc

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.   Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised.  Hence, it may be best to delay your procedure(s) involving the areas affected by pregancy, weight gain and nursing until after your final pregancy if at all possible or predictable.
Also, your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover now or later?

Thank you for your question and photo. Based on your photo, I think you would do very well with a tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  However, I generally advise that you wait until you are done having children to maximize the stability of your result.  If you proceed with surgery, you must realize that you likely will need revisionary surgery to correct recurrent skin laxity (looseness), fat pockets, and potential breast sagging..  This is an entirely personal decision and you may feel that the benefits of surgery now outweigh the possible need for more surgery (more cost, recovery time, etc.).  I would discuss at length with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are making a decision that is right for you..  Good luck.

Mommy makeover and more babies

It seems like you're still at odds with the decision of having surgery or more children. In my opinion, I would wait. If pregnancy didn't 'agree' with your body before, chances are that if you were to conceive again after having the procedure it could alter the results. Talk with your husband a little more and make a final decision, then schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Thank you for question and whatever your decision may be, good luck!

Mommy Makeover Now or Later?

If you think you might want more children, then you should wait before having a tummy tuck, but you could  have some liposuction and loose skin tightened. Having a breast augmentation should not affect your ability to breast feed.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Mommy makeover and pregnancy

Dear mom of 1,

A tummy tuck with or without a breast augmentation can improve the appearance of your breasts and abdomen. If you are done having children I would proceed with the mommy makeover procedure since this is something that you are wanting to change for yourself.  If you are planning on having another child then waiting will be a good option.  It will allow a  better overall final result and save you some money and recovery time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Good candidate for a mommy makeover

Based on your photos, I think you could have an excellent result from a mommy makeover. You can breast feed aftrr the procedure, but if you have a breast lift you may find that you need to calorie supplement with formula.  You do not have to wait until you are done having children as long as you understand that you may need touch up procedures after additional pregnancies.  Good luck.

Wait until done having children before mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photographs..  You look excellent from your photos and barely need a mommy makeover although I cannot see the excess skin clearly on your abdomen.  It would be a shame to spend the money and the recovery going through a combination breast augmentation, lift, and tummy tuck only to need them again after a second pregnancy.   If you're definitely planning on having another child I personally would wait.

Best timing for mommy make over.

You will need to decide your priorities based on the fact that a TT now will likely lose some of its results with another pregnancy due to skin stretching, etc.  Most plastic surgeons would recommend waiting until you are done having children before having a TT.    A breast augmentation could be done and should not interfere with breast feeding if there is the desire to do so.   

Should I get a Mommy Makeover (Tummy Tuck, Lipo & Breast Augmentation)?

Having children is a very very personal decision we can noit make for you. Understand if you have and spend $$$s on a MMO and become pregnant there is a high likelihood of the surgery being for not... 

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the pictures.

base on these, I would recommend a mini tummy tuck, liposuction in the waist and fat grafting in to buttocks.

In regards to the breast, I suggest a high profile implant perhaps 375-400 cc.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon