What Mommy makeover procedures would you recommend? (photos)

Just had a baby this year. Boobs have gone down to a small B cup. Thinking of tummy tuck and waist liposuction.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting a picture. Unfortunately it's difficult to tell from your photo if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck, but you do seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. You will also need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in regards to your precise options. Breast of luck!

I'm a mommy and I would like a makeover!

Hello and thank you for your question. Although it is great that you posted your picture, in your case its a little difficult to tell from the picture alone what would be the best option for you. I will explain....

As far as your breasts go, I think you would have a great result with a breast augmentation. Although the only way to determine this for sure is by evaluating you in person and taking measurements.

Your abdominal concerns are a little more difficult. I would need to evaluate in person to determine if liposuction alone, liposuction with a minny tummy tuck, or liposuction with a full tummy tuck would give you the best result. From the pictures it seems like a full tummy tuck is not likely needed but like I stated before, the only way to tell for sure is by evaluating you in person.

Either way, liposuction is the constant and would benefit you in improving your contours. I think it helps to schedule consultations with multiple board certified plastic surgeons, really understand what their surgical plan is and why and then pick the plastic surgeon who you think understands your concerns the best and that you feel will give you the results your are looking for! I wish you the best of luck!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Exam necessary

Firstly, you have done a great job losing pregnancy weight, and look fantastic!

Most postpartum women experience rectus diastasis, but it is too hard to say if you definitely do based on this photo. You can tell by flexing your abs, and placing your fingers between your abs. If there's a separation there, the fascia has been torn from pregnancy, and a tummy tuck can bring these back together, along with excess skin removal for a very youthful appearance on your abdomen.

We often hear moms wanting their breasts to look like they did when they became engorged after delivering their babies, or slightly larger. Bring in photos of sizes that you like so that you and your board certified plastic surgeon can be on the same page. A thorough exam and measurements will be taken at your consultation so you can get the best results. Best of luck!

Maybe just breasts . . .

Thank you for your question.  Difficult to tell from this photo alone, but it appears you have minimal abdominal skin laxity, and good tone/reasonable contours, so focusing on the breasts alone (with an augmentation) may be enough (and may make your stomach look flatter in proportion.  Liposuction to the flanks and waist areas may also be enough to nicely recontour your midsection.  Just please make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon . . . hope this helps/good luck!

In-person consultation best for planning mommy makeover

It is difficult to tell from the pictures what the best approach for the tummy would be, but breast augmentation seems a good option. You will want to make sure you have adequate help with your baby for several weeks during your recovery.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover Procedures

I know that in my office we complete multiple mommy makeover procedures together at one time. The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. This may not be the same for all other surgeons, but simply find a local certified surgeon for a consultation as to how they handle the mommy makeover procedures that will achieve your desired physical results. Best of luck to you.

Mommy Makeover

The operations you outlined are pretty standard for a mommy makeover, however, without a full evaluation in person it is impossible to give you and accurate recommendation.  I recommend a full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dear Fran35:

First, based on your single photo, I think you have done quite well after having kids.  It is difficult to assess your tummy area from your photo alone so a formal physical exam is needed to give you any meaningful advice.  If you are seeking to restore or add volume to your breasts, based on your photo alone, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation procedure.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Which procedures would you recommend?

Thank you for your question. For what i can see in the photo, you can beneffit from a breast augmentation and some liposuction to your abdomen and waist. You dont seem to have much excess skin in your belly to go for a tummy tuck. It's best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.