Best Mole removal method ? (photos)

My mole is slightly raised probably around a millimeter, what would be a better method for removal, shave excision or a normal excision and can it be done at a dermatologist?

Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

I suggest an in person consultation with a board certified dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Best Mole removal method

It depends on several factors which would require an in person exam of your mole.  A shave can be effective for certain types of lesions, however, it will leave a circular scar.  Most of these heal well with no problem.  The other option is an excisional biopsy, which means cutting the mole out and closing it with a straight line scar.  Both dermatologists and plastic surgeons should be well trained for excising a mole of this size in this location.  Best of luck!