Will a microdermabrasion effect the Voluma I had in my cheeks 3 months ago?

Voluma and microdermabrasion

Thank you for your question netty. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Voluma is placed deep in the skin, often times directly on the bone. Microdermabration only affects the very surface layer of the skin and would not have an effect on any fillers in the skin, even with products such as Belotero which are injected in the surface layer. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. A microdermabrasion treatment should not affect your Voluma. Voluma is placed deep into the cheek areas, while a microdermabrasion is a superficial skin rejuvenation treatment. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma and microdermabrasion

Microdermabrasion should not affect the Voluma you had injected 3 months ago.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion is fine

Microdermabrasion and subsequent Voluma treatments are fine.
Microdermabrasion is the top of the skin and Voluma treatments are deep.

Microdermabrasion and Voluma

Thank you for your question. Microdermabrasion is a superficial treatment and does not affect deeper tissues. Voluma is placed deep in the cheek substance or just above the cheek bone. It settles in quickly and will not be affected by microdermabrasion.
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Microdermabrasion and facial fillers

Microdermabrasion should not affect your Voluma in any way. Microdermabrasion is great for maintaining a smooth bright complexion but will not interfere with filler placed in the cheek tissue or on the cheek bone. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon