Lost a ton of weight! Weight 230lbs would like a tummy tuck of some sort or a fat transfer. Is it possible?

I would like to do plastic surgery. I used to weight well over 300 lbs jut had a baby a year ago lost a ton of weight but cannot get rid of hanging stomach. I tried to do a tummy tuck but was turned away due to my BMI not being 30. I also would mind being a testimony for some doctors as well.

Safety first

Thank you for your question.  Please know that the reason you were 'turned away' was mainly for YOUR safety. As an obese patient, you are at a higher risk of DVT, PE, wound healing problems, infection, etc. Please consider losing weight before moving forward with any type of surgical procedure. Consult a weight reduction clinic/program that will help you in this endeavor. Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions. Congratulations on your loss of weight, safety and overall health of your body yourbody mass index or BMI, must be below 30, right now is around 35.
It more recommended serious decrease at least 60 pounds, but this decrease of weight must perform is gradually and coordinated with your doctor, for the prevention of disorders metabolic that can influence negatively in your health.

Ramon Morales, MD

Weight loss and tummy tuck

Hi, brie14Congratulations on your weight loss.A good candidate for tummy tuck is someone who 1) has reached his/her stable goal weight, 2) is medically, physically, and socially optimized, and 3) does not have excessive intra-abdominal fat.  I strive to give the best result on the weight that a patient presents to me.  If you lose or gain more weight after the surgery, your result will not be as optimal.  In addition, undergoing surgery at a higher BMI has a higher risk for surgery and recovery.Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.  You and your plastic surgeon can discuss your candidacy and set a reasonable goal weight that you may be able to achieve and also give you a safe surgery and a great cosmetic result.Best regard,Dr. Kim

Treatment options after weight loss

Dear Brie14:Congratulations on your weight loss.   To determine if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and/or fat transfer procedure(s) will require a formal physical exam and consultation.  For your tummy, you want to make sure that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.   We need to make sure you do no have excessive intra-abdominal fat.    Best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,Dr. BasuHouston, TX