Loose skin after Mini Tummy Tuck? (Photos)

I'm 3 1/2 post op from mini tummy tuck with lipo on flanks. My Plastic surgeon suggested I get a mini tummy tuck since we previously tried smart lipo above my belly button and it didn't work. I didn't have enough skin for full tummy tuck. I still see loose skin above my navel. Will this get better? Or do I need to have lipo done to remove it?

Mini Tummy Tuck

As the other surgeons here have mentioned, you are still very early in the healing process. A mini tummy tuck can be quite variable and what is performed in the procedure depends a lot on the patient and the surgeon. Give yourself some time to heal and keep up with your follow up visits with your surgeon. He or she can help calm your concerns. 

Mini tummy tuck limitations

Your pre-op pictures show some contour irregularities in the upper abdomen which may be from the laser lipo. A mini tummy tuck in general does not change the upper abdomen unless there is some liposuction done with it or a diastasis repair (which would require an umbilical float.) You are early in the healing process so give it time and follow up with your surgeon.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini tuck doesn't tighten skin above belly button

Hi Texasmom15.  Thanks for sharing photos.  It is still very early to tell b/c you still look swollen.  Notwithstanding, since your belly button wasn't included, it is unlikely that the skin above the belly button was tightened by the mini tuck.  Radiofrequency microneedling with the Profound is designed specifically for skin tightening and may be a good alternative since you have already removed fat with liposuction.  Your surgeon may be able to advance some of the excess skin into your belly button with a small curved scar within the upper part.  Good luck,

Loose skin after Mini Tummy Tuck

You are still early in the healing process. Allow yourself 6 months to heal, and then you and your surgeon can better assess the results and determine next steps. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are still very much in the post op process and i can still see quite some swelling. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD