How long after you give birth can you get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

You will usually need at least 3 months after delivery before surgery.

BBL

If you are not breastfeeding, I would recommend you wait at least 3-6 months after pregnancy to consider a BBL. This gives the body time to recover and hormone levels to get back to close to normal. If you are not back to your pre-pregnancy weight, I would wait even longer to try and shed those extra pounds before electing surgery. My advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can get a full body examination to see if you are a good candidate and to come up with the best plan for you. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... 9 to 12 months after you can do it, but you have to make sure that your hemoglobin rises up, because in most of the cases, after we gave birth and before, it can drop.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I recommend that you wait 6-12 months after you finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hello MAL95 - Thanks for your question. The best answer for your question is that you really need to be done breastfeeding, back down to a stable weight, and have enough postop support at home while you heal. Your hands will be full with a newborn, and BBL can have a difficult recovery because of postop positioning restrictions. Make sure you consult with an expert in BBL surgery who is a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL

During pregnancy, delivery, breast feeding there are many hormonal changes and changes in the body, skin, blood vessels that take place after delivery.

Also there is the pregnancy weight that needs to be lost.

There is the issue of breast feeding and binding with the baby. The issue of care of the baby after surgery.

Hormonally and body changes need to wait at minimum of six months. other issues vary from person to person .

How long to wait for butt lift

There is no absolute time period a patient needs to wait after childbirth to have a butt lift. However, it would be a good idea to be back in ideal physical shape and back to your normal weight, so the fat distribution on your body can be accurately assessed. Somewhere in the neighborhood to six months should be an adequate waiting period.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon