Would liposuction on my thighs make my cellulite worse? (photos)

Cellulite

Yes - liposuction is well-known for making he appearance of cellulite worse by "deflating" the area. 

The other alternative that removes fat, but seems to have less of a loosening effect, is Coolsculpting.  You could consider this option.

Thigh liposuction and cellulite

Thank you for your question about your thigh liposuction.

Sadly, liposuction can make cellulite worse by making skin looser.
Your photo suggests you are slim and fit.
If you have one small pudge of fat to smooth, liposuction might work well.
But an examination is needed to advise you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction and Cellulite

Traditional liposuction will not help cellulite, and if overdone can result in skin laxity and wrinkling. Two areas very prone to this are the inner thigh and back of the thigh because the skin is thin and less supported by the deeper tissues.

Cellulaze is the most often touted treatment to improve cellulite, but I have not yet been impressed by the results I have seen here in Houston and online RealSelf "worth it" rate is 58%). The recovery process is also slow and not without complication. While I hear many claims, I don't see a lot of "before and after" photos. The photography varies widely, and many photos are right after surgery when there is still swelling, or the photos do not show the skin texture properly.

Interview your plastic surgeon carefully and be sure and see plenty of photos of their prior work.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Liposuction and Cellulite

Sometimes cellulite worses with liposuction but with cellulaze, subcision, and fat transfer I often get amazing improvements in the cellulite.  I suggest seeing a body contouring expert who specializes in hi definition body shaping procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and cellulite

Good afternoon!

Liposuction will not greatly improve cellulite.  There are some techniques that I and others use that can slightly reduce some of the more cellulitic pockets by transecting the fiberous bands with specialized cannulae that can reduce but not eliminate cellulite.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Liposuction and Cellulite

Liposuction does not improve cellulite.  But by the same token, it should not make it worse.  

Good luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon