What is complete lipo? Or what areas are normally lipo'd after a tummy tuck?

Liposuction

“Complete” lipo, or full lipo consists of lipo on most of your body. The most common areas for receiving liposuction are the abdomen, back, thighs and arms. If you have concerns specific to your unique needs, you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon

Complete lipo?

Hello and thank you for your question. I am not sure that is meant by "complete liposuction." However, I can tell you that when I perform a tummy tuck I typically also perform liposuction at the same time. Usually, this will include the entire back (upper, middle, lower), flanks, entire abdomen and the hips. The amount of liposuction performed during a tummy tuck depends on the comfort of the plastic surgeon. Adding liposuction to a tummy tuck can really enhance the results and I have found that liposuction and tummy tuck combined gives superior results to tummy tuck alone.

Ankur Mehta MD

Board Certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Sugar Land, Tx

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and Tummy Tuck

Adding liposuction to a tummy tuck can really enhance the result.  I will often work on multiple areas but always want the patient to be close to their ideal weight before proceeding with surgery. The hips, waist, and back are common areas I work on during tummy tuck.  

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Define complete liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I will usually liposuction the flanks and the mid upper stomach with a tummy tuck.
  • However there is no accepted definition of 'complete' liposuction
  • You need to ask your surgeon what it means to her/him.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

We do liposuction and tummy tuck at the same time to get the best outcomes. I suggest you see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Eme.r

Thank you for your question. I do not know the complete lipo means. Most common areas for lipo during TT are flanks and hips.

Complete lipo?

Thank you for your question. Not sure what you mean by "complete" lipo or where you heard that term. Any area, for the most part, can be liposuctioned with a tummy tuck. The most common area is the flank. Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Do you mean during a tummy tuck? If you really mean after a tummy tuck, that is up to you and where you have excess fat left.