What are these lines and creases?? LIP FILLERS (photos)

I got my lips done three days ago with Juvederm. I feel like my laugh lines are more pronounced now and when I pout my lips, the area between my nose and top lip looks weird and indented. why and will this go away? Also, I think majority of the swelling has gone down but I'd like an opinion whether or not the lips look good (or does my upper lip just look puffy instead of fuller??) Thank you!

Puckers of upper lip after lip filler

Dear ad026:

The lips themselves actually look very nice and are well-balanced. However, I see some puckering when you animate your mouth. It is likely that this is not your normal volume, and the amount of filler that you had injected is pulling on the muscles around the mouth. You may need to have less filler injected to avoid this effect in the future. In the meantime, you can wait two weeks and if it still troublesome, have some of the filler dissolved.

Dr. Clark

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Lines -- Fillers, Botox, Lasers, Microneedling

I suggest a formal consultation.  There are a lot of treatments that can be done to improve this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm and Lips and Nasolabial Folds

It appears that you have a great deal of swelling from the injections.  I would wait at least two weeks to assess the situation before having and product dissolved.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

What are these lines and creases?? LIP FILLERS

Hello Ad026,

At three days you should still have swelling present.  Without before photos it makes it hard to comment on how things look as compared to what is your normal anatomy.  As far as the complaints you have, if they were not present before the filler then they are likely related to the filler placement.  Because some of this may still be edema, it is always recommended to wait at least 2 weeks before considering any other treatment such as getting rid of them.  If you don't like the results and you still have those indentations then you can have an injection that dissolves the product.  I would recommend you follow up with your injector to express your concerns.  

If you didn't see a physician injector, in the future consider having your injections from a physician injector from one of the core aesthetic fields (facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, dermatology).  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon