I need a lift. I was wondering if the fat near the armpit can be removed during BL. Also the scar above my belly button. (photo)

I've had 3 kids and my boobs have gone south. I'm a 32DD but it doesn't feel like it cause my boobs sag so much they don't stay in my bras. I also have the fat near the armpit that looks Horrible when I wear tanks or sleeveless shirts. I want to know if it can be removed when the BL is done and if I need an augmentation done as well if I'm wanting perky, full boobs. After my 1st baby I also got a scar above my belly button and wanted to see if it can be removed as well

BL with implants, scar revision

Hello. You will need a breast lift with implants and liposuction of axillary fat (arm pits) to create perkier, youthful , round breasts. A scar revision of the belly button can be performed at the same setting. 
Be wellDrBurnett#realself100

Removal of underarm fat at the time of a breast lift.

The bulge in front of your underarm is generally a very soft fat that is easily treated by liposuction using a small cannula at the time of her breast look surgery.  This will further improve your contour.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options for breast lift, possible augmentation, liposuction and scar revision.
Regards,
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

I need a lift. I was wondering if the fat near the armpit can be removed during BL. Also the scar above my belly button.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift and implant?

All the procedures you described are very doable in general. They could also usually be done at one procedure. It would include a breast lift with possible augmentation, liposuction of axilla and scar revision of abdomen. However, an in person exam is needed to be exact about what should be done. Good luck.

Treatment options

Dear Blessedw3:
Thank you for posting some photos.  However a formal physical exam is really needed to give you any meaningful advice or recommendations.  Since it sounds like you are happy with your volume and your primary concern is severe sagging, a breast lift will likely do the trick.  However, if you indeed have volume loss, a breast implant may also be advised.   As per the bra/armpit fat, there are two options depending on what is seen on your physical exam. One non-invasive option is to coolsculpt the area to melt the fat.  However if you have both excess skin and fat, I generally recommend a skin and fat removal procedure with a scar hidden in your armpit.  To learn more about your options, please visit with a board certified PS in your area.  Best wishes,
Dr. BasuHouston, TX

Breast options

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures, but it is hard to advise with the pictures you provided and an exam would much more helpful.  In general, the axillary fat (arm pit) can be removed in many cases at the same time.  As for an implant , there are a lot of variables like how far your nipples need to be moved which determine if you could have an implant at the same time.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck.  

What to do about my armpit fat

So a simple answer to your question is…yes. During a breast lift it should not be a problem addressing the armpit region as well nor should it be a problem addressing the belly button scar. For the armpit region it has to be determined whether you would benefit from liposuction alone or if you would also need to have extra skin removed to achieve the best result. 
As far as your breasts go, this is a difficult question to answer, especially without being able to evaluate you, take measurements and without knowing what your expectations are. It sounds like you have already been told that you need a lift. The decision on whether or not you should get implants really depends on what type of final result you are looking for. If you just want your breasts to sit up a little better on your chest and want your nipples to point more straight forward and be higher, then just a lift will do. However, if you are wanting your breasts to have more volume, especially in the upper pole of your breasts then implants would probably be a good recommendation along with the lift. 
Please make sure you are evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. I wish you the best for your upcoming surgery!

Ankur Mehta Sugar Land, TxBoard Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon