Is a lift needed to correct thin breasts? (photos)

I'm in my early 20s with no children but my breasts seem to be losing volume (currently a small C). I am comfortable going up at least a full cup size, but will I need a lift to get the youthful roundness I am after? If so, what type of lift would be best?

Full breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit most from a full breast lift with implants.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift?

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. Given your age, you may want to compromise with a small implant for now until after you have children and then consider a full breast lift. You will need to discuss the pros and cons of each with your surgeon. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Is a lift needed to correct thin breasts?

Thanks for your question and photos.

Based on your photos, you may benefit from breast augmentation with lift.
However, in-person examination is needed to accurately assess and provide you with a meaningful recommendation.  The surgical plan should depend on your anatomy as well as your desired goal.
Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and share the photos of your desired look.
Best regards.

You will need a lift to improve shape of your breasts

You can choose to have a small implant to add volume to your breasts.  Breast lift will improve your breast shape at cost of a scars on your breasts.  If you do not want scars at your young age-compromise-and just have implants.
In the end it is your choice.
If you have a lift you will need scars that go around your areola and up and down on your breast with possibly some extension of scars in your breast creases.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Thank you for the question. It does appear that you would likely benefit from a lift. This will allow your nipple/areola to be elevated and the size decreased. Of course in person consultation and measurements are needed to make a definitive determination. The lift can be performed with a scar around the areola (doughnut mastopexy). 

You may be able to have a breast augmentation alone to achieve great results however, you should be seen in person for an assessment and consultation. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

When a lift is needed with a BA

It appears that you would most likely need only a BA and attain a good result.  I use techniques to allow the breast to settle more at the lower pole and avoid the lift scars.  This is called a dual plane technique.  I have several photo galleries on my website for your reference.

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

It depends

Good morning!

Photos are helpful in these cases, but the best approach is to have a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who will take time with you to understand what your aesthetic goals are and what can be accomplished by having an augmentation alone vs an augmentation with a lift. 

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Is a lift needed?

Dear AdelaideF:

Although a formal consultation and physical exam is needed to give you any meaningful advice, based on your photos alone, you would likely benefit from a periareolar lift with your breast augmentation procedure.    Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

A breast lift to correct areola size/position

Hello, and thank you for your question and pictures.

Judging from photos alone you will require a lift to re-position the nipple higher on the breast mound, and to reduce areola size.  A implant will be done to provide the rounded, full look you desire. 

I believe you can get excellent results if you choose a very experienced plastic surgeon.  A breast augmentation alone, will not resolve all the issues, nor provide the results you are describing.

Please choose a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience working with cases similar to yours.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS