Need a lift but do not want implants. (photos)

I have seen several plastic surgeons in my area and have discussed my current breasts. I know I need a lift. I am a cup size D in one side and a cup C in the other. I am not interested in having implants. I would love to be even on both sides enough so that I could wear push up bras and sexy lingerie. What are my options?

Breast lift

If you have made the decision for no implants, fine.  I don't understand why a breast lift alone isn't being offered as an option.  to improve volume symmetry, a small amount of breast tissue can be removed from the larger size. other adjustments for symmetry may be necessary. but an in-person exam is required. 

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Breast Lift, No Implants

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift.

Yes, you could get a breast lift with correction of breast asymmetry.  Breast implants are not required as long as you don't mind being the size of the smaller breast.

Also, of note:

1. On average, women lose a half cup size from a breast lift because of the volume loss from the removed breast skin.
  2. Breast implants are recommended if you want to restore superior breast fullness without a bra.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Breast Lift Surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Need a lift but do not want implants.

You can certainly have a lift alone without implants as long as you are happy with your current volume. It will make your breasts perky, remove excess skin, balance out your asymmetry.

Smal breasts with ptosis - implant or no

I'm going to disagree with most of the other responders so far.

You have very little breast tissue, and I think you are clearly more in the low "B" cup range for your existing volume, certainly on your left breast. There is just not much to work with shape wise for this, and fat grafting is not going to significantly or reliably address that. The best case scenario if you didn't want an implant is to do a small mastopexy on your right to get it closer to your left, but without an implant I don't think you will get the kind of result you would expect after spending what you'd likely do for that,

I would be more of the opinion of what I presume your prior consultants expressed and suggest a modest volume partial sub muscular silicone implant ("dual plane") with a lift over the top. You will need a slightly different scar length on the right to even out the excess skin, probably a traditional T-scar with a Lollipop type incision on your left breast.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Without Implant Options

If you have been considering a Breast Lift or improving your appearance after breast augmentation or Breast Reconstruction but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture.
Who is a candidate?
  • Any woman who is healthy
  • Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
  • Women considering breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger or less
  • Women who have had breast augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
  • Women with normal mammography

Breast lift without implants

Dear jzuck:

You can definitely achieve your goals to correct sagging and achieve better symmetry without implants.   Since your right breast appears to be larger than your left, I would likely suggest a conservative breast reduction with lift on your larger right breast and a breast lift alone on your left breast.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky. Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. I've posted a web link to an ABC news videoclip for my preferred breast lift technique for you. We can take the volume that is sagging and reshape/reposition it into your cleavage. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Lift and no implants

There is no reason you have to get implants. Many women just want perkier breasts and lots of women these days are opting for more natural, smaller results. With a lift, a small amount of breast tissue can be removed from the larger side to even things up. Find a surgeon who hears your wishes! Make sure they are a board-certified plastic surgeon and good luck.

Vertical breast lift alone (no implants)

You can have a lift and matching breasts

There is no problem at all in achieving your goals through surgery. Larger breast can be reduced at same time as both breasts are lifted.  Implants are only used in patients that actually desire larger breasts.  Natural is always better.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Improvement without implants

Thanks for your question.
If you rule out implants then all that can be done is to reduce the size of the larger breast and reshape by tightening the skin at the expense of significant scarring.

You could ideally do with an increase in volume to fill the upper part of the breast which I suspect is what you would like but the only other way of doing this without implants is through fat transfer which may take a more than one attempt.

Best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift, No Implants

A lift alone will help even out the breasts, raise the nipples, shorten the breast fold, and give you a little more fullness at the top.  A small implant would be used only if you insisted on more fullness in your upper breast. Otherwise, I would rearrange and use your own tissue for as much upper breast fullness as possible.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS