Do I really need a lift or can I just do breast augmentation so they can look fuller on the top? (photo)

Im currently a 34ddd but doesn't really feel like it without a bra!!

Breast Augmentation Versus Lift/Augmentation

In order for you to attain your goal to look fuller on the top of the breasts, you will definitely need implants. A lift alone will not significantly increase the top fullness of the breasts. You have significant ptosis (droop) and therefore would definitely need a lift to bring the nipples up to a better position on the implants. If you are worried about being too big with implants and a lift, you can have a reduction/augmentation where you remove more tissue initially during the lift/reduction to make you smaller then replace that volume in the top of the breasts with an implant. This ultimately gives you a better shape and more top fullness without making you too large.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided pictures as well.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Lift with or without implants

1. Breast drooping is mild

Breast lift without implants

Hi,

Augmentation alone will not give you aesthetic results. You do not need implants with The Ultimate Breast Lift method. You are actually a perfect candidate for the UBL method which doesn't require a vertical incision or extra cost, risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants. Adding heavy implants to your current volume makes no sense. The UBL method secures your reshaped breasts to the muscles underneath for long term results. Vertical lifts rely solely on skin envelope to keep breasts in place.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Breast lift without implants

Hi,

Best wishes and kind regards,

Do I really need a lift or can I just do breast augmentation so they can look fuller on the top?

It appears from the photo that both breast augmentation and a breast lift would be more suitable for your anatomy. When the nipple falls below the breast fold and/or the nipple is at the bottom of the breast, a breast lift usually is required. In order to achieve adequate fullness in the upper part of the breast and attractive projection of the breast, an implant is often necessary for those women who have lost breast volume or who are less than a C cup.

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on the significant amount of sagging that your breasts demonstrate, a full breast lift with implants is warranted.  To determine what would be both best and realistic for you though, please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift with implants

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast implant and lift

Hi, Jenny1515
Based on your photo, you will need breast lift and implant.  Breast implant will give fullness/volume.  Breast lift will give you a perkier shape.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about the breast augmentation and options for lift.

Best regards.

Breast implant and lift

Hi, Jenny1515

Best regards.

Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy: Options

Dear Ms. Jenny1515,

Thank you for your question and photo.

You will need both a lift and augmentation.

You have several choices to consider.

My responses:

BREAST LIFT
1) the reason the breast sags is that the "skin covering" is proportional larger than the breast tissue.
2) the majority of your breast tissue is below where the breast mound should anatomically be located.
3)if you refill the volume only(breast implant)... the nipple areolar complex (NAC) will rotate over the top of the implant like a "waterfall" resulting in a full breast mound but unfortunately a downward rotation and location of the NAC.
4)the only method known to create a aesthestically acceptable breast will require trading
incisions/scars on the breast for a pleasing contour and relocating the NAC.
5)depending on your desires (shape and size) the scar may vary from:
A) just around the nipple (doughnut)
B) to a added vertical incision (lollipop)
C) to include a horizontal incsion in the breast crease (anchor)
6)while breast incisions/scars are required....there are ways to modulate/improve the
appearance of the scarring process.

BREAST AUGMENTATION
1)size: Bra manufactures unfortunately have not standardized their bras...therefore
cup sizes (A,B,C, etc.) are rough measurements. Breast implants are filled by cc.'s
which is much more accurate. So purchase several full bodied non padded bras and place rice (1 oz. = 30 cc) in a nylon and try on with some form fitted clothing.
2)types of fillers:
A) silicone gel
B) normal saline
(newest variation on this is the Ideal breast implant)
3)shaped vs non shaped
4)projection vs base width (high to low)
5)placement of the implant
A)under the the muscle
B)above the the muscle
C)combination: dual plane

Bring several nude ideal/model photos of what you want your breasts to look like and make a appt. with experienced Plastic Surgeon who performs both procedures together and who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Dear Ms. Jenny1515,

Thank you for your question and photo.

You have several choices to consider.

My responses:

BREAST LIFT
A) just around the nipple (doughnut)
appearance of the scarring process.

BREAST AUGMENTATION
2)types of fillers:
A) silicone gel
B) normal saline
3)shaped vs non shaped
5)placement of the implant
A)under the the muscle
B)above the the muscle
C)combination: dual plane

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Breast lift with breast augmentation

I understand your desire not to have a breast lift with augmentation. However, based on your photo, you would not get the results you want with just breast augmentation. The need for a lift is based on the position of your nipples, and yours currently are at the same level of the inframammary crease. If you only put in implants, they will cause your breasts to sag even more. A breast lift helps you gain the perkiness, and the implant placed under the muscle will help you regain the fullness.  I advise that you see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in performing these two procedures at the same time. Good luck with your decision!

Breast lift with breast augmentation

Breast lift

The best option for you would be breast lift alone or in combination with fat grafting  You are DD and adding implants will make you too big.  

Breast lift

You definitely need breast lift

Breast lift will certainly be needed in your case.  Implant will only be used to give extra fullness after shape is restored.

You definitely need breast lift