Had laser hair removal 5 days ago. My skins got really itchy with lots of red inflamed spots. (photos)

It's gone away but now I have dark spots. Is this going to go away too soon?

Dark spots after laser hair removal

Based on your pictures this looks like mild post-inflammatory hyperigmentation. When you get laser hair removal, one of the physical signs that you look for is something called "perifollicular edema" - red raised bumps around the base of the hair follicle. This is a result of the hair follicle heating up from the laser treatment, and is actually a good sign that the treatment will be effective. In your first pictures, this does appear very much like perifollicular edema-because instead of it being a single flat red area of burn, it appears to be many small red dots blending together. If this is what it is, it will go away by itself. A topical steroid (such as an over the counter hydrocortisone) will help. It is also possible that this is a combination of perifollicular edema, and mild superficial burning of the skin. If this is the case, it will not get better as fast, and may crust or scab. The dark spots will likely fade in about 4-6 weeks - but you will need to protect the area from sun exposure, and possibly add a topical lightening cream. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

This is post inflammatory hyperpigmenation and can be treated with peels, skin care, sun protection.  Please see an expert.

Red spots after laser hair removal

The red spots when centered around hair follicles represent perifollicular edema. This is exactly the right response you want to see after LHR. It might itch. Topical steroids will help the itching. Redness beyond this that remains for more than a day is not desired. I can't comment on the dark spots without seeing them.

Steven F. Weiner, MD