What is an accurate timeframe to see if results will be permanent after having IPL treatment?

hi. I got one treatment done with max g ipl for diffuse redness skin type 3. 34 joules , 15ms. my heard area I have patchy hair loss. I read some say it can be 3-4 months or 6-8 weeks ot see if it is permanent. since hair grows in cycles what would be more accurate time frame. if it is perm. then i guess will have to have do it again to get rid of rest. cant leave like this. my mustache and chin were not lasered. next time if grows back i will have them avoid beard area. thank you

To read the original question, please click here

Hair loss after IPL

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question mikemills. I understand your concern. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. It also works well to address redness. In men, patchy hair loss can be seen when treating over hair bearing areas. This is something we address with men prior to a treatment. Some men do not mind the possibility of hair reduction and the hair bearing areas are treated. Alternatively those areas can be avoided. For full permanent hair reduction different settings are used and a series of treatments is necessary. With one treatment there may be some hair loss. It may return after a few months if left untreated. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!