Inframammary incisions still in plain sight (6 weeks post op) (Photo)

I'm 5'5, 160lbs, not even an A cup before surgery. I got UHP silicone implants, 580cc & 615cc, below the muscle. I'm happy with my results but I'm 6 weeks post op and my incisions are still in plain sight. I know my breasts are still healing, they need to drop & fluff...but are they really going to drop THAT much more? Also, at some angles I feel like they still look small. I was hoping to be a D cup after surgery. I'm still wearing sports bras..is it too soon to get fitted for regular bras?

Visibility of IM incisions

Thank you for your question. You are still in early stage of healing. Once implants settle down incision will be less prominent and also it will be lighter.

Incision

At 6 weeks you are still pretty early in the post-op period and the implants still might descend a bit more.

Inframammary incisions still in plain sight (6 weeks post op)

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. I see your concern, but remember that after placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is still flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more while hiding your incisions better.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Will improve with time

Your breasts will likely fall into place and hide the scars into your breast fold. It is still early and you are not done healing.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Incisions visible

Hello, it looks like your incisions are just below the breast crease so it seems feasible that the implants could drop a little more and help disguise the scar.  The scars will usually fade for at least 12-18 months so over time they should be much less visible.

William Andrade, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Great results

From the look of your photos I think your result so far is fantastic. That's a very good size implant placed in a fairly small appearing chest wall. Over time, the redness of the scar will fade and the implant will settle such that the scar is closer to the bottom of the implant. I would wait a few more months before contemplating any type of revision. Congratulations on your surgery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS