Incision reopening?? What should I do? (photos)

I'm not entirely sure what is going on here. April, 13th makes 6 weeks post op. Everything was fine and then in a matter of days this occured. I have seen the nurse at the surgeons and she put me on augmentin for 7 days. Started the antibiotics Thursday 4-7. Not a lot seems to have changed. The other side seems fine. I was told no massaging, no lifting, wear a push up/good support bra to keep the implant off the incision for now and to use hibiclens to keep it clean. Second opinion??

Dissolving sutures can work their way to the skin surface

Thanks for your question and the photos. As others have said, the dissolving sutures can work their way to the surface if they are fairly superficial. This is often the path of least resistance and your body's way of getting rid of the inflammatory process. It is completely normal and everything should heal up fine. Best of Luck!

Incision reopening after breast augmentation

your incision should be well healed by 6 weeks. This maybe and indication of a fluid collection around the implant wanting to drain such as a seroma. Antibiotics may help, but not resolve the problem. You may need to have further workup including cultures form the area. The right breast appears to have bottoming out though genuinely would wait another month to see final result. I wish you well

Will get better

Keep up with your instructions.  A dissolving suture is coming to the surface rather than being dissolved by the body.

Incision reopening?

Usually by 6th weeks post-op, incisions should have healed.
Based on your photos, it seems like you had a punctate opening on the April 7th.  The opening might have been from the suture spitting.  The area looks better from the photo taken on the April 10th.  
Given that implant is close to the incision, I recommend you follow up with your plastic surgeon closely.
Good luck with your recovery.

Incision reopening??

the danger here is that there is a communication to your breast implants. A minor wound dehiscence or opening is not in itself dangerous or necessarily serious. However you need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon particularly the operating surgeon to check things out for you.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Incision issue at 6 weeks post

There could be some irritation/spitting sutures happening here which would resolve with minimal wound care, however if the related breast feels any different or you are experiencing pain/concerns you should be seen by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Necessitating buried sutures can mimic wound problems.

It looks as though some buried sutures are working their way to the skin: necessitating. I don't think you have anything to worry about but do bring this to the attention of your surgeon.

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. It appears that some of the sutures placed underneath your skin that are meant to dissolve are working their way to your skin's surface.  This can cause small areas of localized irritation that are best treated by removal in your surgeons office.  Make an appointment to see your doctor to have an evaluation performed for diagnosis and treatment.

Incision opening

It looks like you have a few small "stitch abscesses".  These are nothing to worry about and will generally resolve on their own after a couple of weeks.  If not, your plastic surgeon may have to tease out the offending suture knot in the office.  I would agree with the advice you have been given for now.  I see no evidence of bottoming out on your photo.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing

Sorry this is happening! Sometimes a mild infection can interfere with wound healing and antibiotics can help this resolve. It is important to maintain good nutrition and protein intake during the healing period as your body needs fuel to heal. Best of luck, MMT