Should I get implants with my lift? (photos)

I went for a consultation for breast lift and I am currently a 36g. They said I would be a d after the lift. I am worried that will be too small for my frame as I am 5'9" and 160 lbs. Should I get implants to increase upper pole and keep some of my size. Not that I want to stay a size G but more like DD or DDD.

Lift with or without implant

Hi, Beckyg1969Based on your photo, you will likely have a good cosmetic result.  Although it is difficult to guarantee a cup size, you seem to have enough breast volume to make nice, perkier breasts without implant.  With implant, your breasts can sag faster due to the weight of the implant.  Please talk with your plastic surgeon to review pros and cons each option.Best wishes.

Should I get implants with my lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Lift without Implants

Dear Beckyg1969:
Although a physical exam is needed to give you any meaningful advice, based on your photos alone and your stated goals, you can likely achieve your goals to correct sagging and achieve better symmetry and restore perkiness without implants.   Since you stated you wouldn't mind going a bit smaller, I would likely suggest a conservative breast reduction with a lift.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.  Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. I've posted a web-link to an ABC news videoclip for my preferred breast lift technique for you. We can take the volume that is sagging and reshape/reposition it into your cleavage. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.Best wishes, Dr. Basu Houston, TX

Implants with a lift?

Thank you for your question.  If you have a G cup size, it sounds like you are getting more of a reduction than a lift. All reductions have a lift incorporated with the operation.  That being said, you would not want to take tissue out only to put an implant in.  That is quite opposite.  I would suggest going ahead with the reduction/lift and then see how you like your new breasts.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Reduction. Not implants

Thanks for your question and the photo. You will benefit from a reduction. You appear to have ample tissue with good density and good skin quality. The reduction will allow for reshaping of your breast and give you a nice shape. If the reduction is being done to help relieve symptoms of neck, shoulder, back pain, then placing additional weight with an implant is counter productive. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Should I get implants with my lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, you appear to have sufficient sized breasts and would not need implants.  If anything, you may consider a slight reduction to make things look more proportional.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Should I get implants with my lift?

Thank you for your question.  I suggest at least a slight reduction with your breast lift without implants.  Your breasts appear to be sufficiently large and you do not need the added volume of an implant.  Your breast cup size will not decrease from a G to a D cup with a breast lift alone.  A decrease of that degree would require removal of some amount of tissue.

Should I get implants with my lift?

Given your height and weight and breast size of 36G, I would suggest against breast implants.  Your breasts are already very large and I an certain quite heavy, as well.  A moderate reduction and lift without implnats would be a much better long term option for you.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon