If I want to get breasts done by one doctor, tummy tuck, lipo & bbl by another doctor, how long do I have to wait for round two?

If I want to get my breast done by one doctor and get my tummy tuck lipo and bbl by another doctor? How long do I have to wait until I can get my round 2. Also, will they still do implants if I need a tummy tuck? Does that matter?

How long to wait for round 2

Hi and thanks for your question. For what you say I suppose you liked how these doctors work in different areas not to get it all done at the same time. I recommend you wait at least 3 months if you are going to be laying on your implants for the BBL.

Best wishes

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Combination procedures

There is no technical reason you cannot have the surgeries done all at once. This is a safe option, especially if it is done in a  facility with the appropriate personnel, equipment, and monitoring.  One surgery means one exposure to anesthesia, one down time, and one time away from work. Also less expense. 

If you want to stage surgeries, wait a month or so.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover in stages from different doctors

Interesting question.  Why do you want to have more than 1 surgeon involved.  I would recommend finding a single surgeon who you feel can perform all of the procedures well.

Generally speaking, for patients who want to stage portions of their procedure, I will wait about 6 weeks.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Staging procedures

Short answer is about 6-8 weeks, depending on which comes first.  Many Houston surgeons can do all of this in one stage.  Benefits: one recovery, usually less cost (due to less anesthesia and facility costs).  I do this "mommy makeover" procedure (breast lift with implant augmentation, lipo, BBL, TT) commonly in 5-6 hours.  I keep my patients overnight for observation (pain control, IV fluids, anxiety, eating) in our private surgicenter.  This makes that first 36hrs so much more comfortable for the patient, and their caretakers.  But every surgeon is different. Some even don't like doing all these at one time for whatever reason.  But I assure you it can be done safely and well.  So, take your time in researching your surgeon(s).  and a in-person consultations with 1-3 is recommended.

I hope that helps! Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

I recommend at least 6 weeks between surgeries. You can get implants with a tummy tuck - that doesn't matter. 

DrDerby

Thank you for your question. i would recommend you to wait at least 8 weeks before having the second surgery done. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

I usually recommend waiting 6 weeks between surgeries

You should wait at least 6 weeks between surgeries. Whether they do implants or not should have nothing to do with your tummy tuck. It would be more than fine to do so. 

David Rankin, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon