Is it okay to use an ice pack over post surgery bra? Just for the first couple days?

I had a BA 12 hours ago, My surgeon didn't say whether or not I could use an ice pack over my surgery bra and ace wrap of course. It may be a silly question but I don't want to do anything that could harm my new implants! Thank you

Is it okay to use an ice pack over post surgery bra?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Though each surgeon has their own respective care instructions, ice packs can be safely used after a breast augmentation.  Be sure to talk to your surgeon about your concerns, they can best advise you.

Thank you for your question. Check your post operative directions that you were given prior to discharge this may guide you in your convalescence. Every plastic surgeon has their own preference for cold compresses following surgical procedures. For my patients, I recommend ice packs to be applied 20 minutes every hour for the first 48 hours, however I stress that you need to check with your plastic surgeon regarding their recommendations.

Breast

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking  it is okay to use ice packs after breast augmentation.  However it is important that you ask your plastic surgeon for specific advice and do not follow Internet advice.

Breast implants: Is it okay to use an ice pack?

I advise my patients that if they wish to use an ice pack after breast augmentation that's fine. It's always a good idea to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Happy skiing. 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Okay to use an ice pack over post surgery bra?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Always best to check with your own plastic surgeon who may have his/her own thoughts about specific postoperative care and who is ultimately responsible for your care. If you do decide to use ice, do not use it directly on your breast skin, which may be numb. Doing so may result in injury.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.