I had a tummy tuck with lipo 19 days ago and my surgeon did not give me a compression garment.

i had a tummy tuck with lipo 19 days ago. and my surgeon did not give me a compressing garment. (Girdle) and i feel like i am taking a linger time to recover my pain is till very bad at almost 3 weeks now. Im not able to walk straight either. My doctor said it shouldnt affect my end result. But im very scared it will. Is this true

No girdle or compression garment after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry.  I do not know the reasons your surgeon did not want you to use compression or not.  Ask your surgeon if it is okay to use store bought spanx, etc for comfort, good luck.  

No compression garment after TT

Hi and thanks for your question. If your plastic surgeon did not tell you to wear a compression garment it must be because in his experience he has good results, now you should talk to him and tell him what you are feeling like. Best wishes.

Dr, Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Post op TT with Lipo

Thank you for your question.  Definitely speak with plastic surgeon If you are truly concerned about the compression garment.  They will be to explain their reasoning for not including the garment as part of post op care. Regarding the pain, depends on how much lipo and which areas you had done, but also liposuction involves deep tissue bruising.  This means going through nerves and can result in discomfort.  Unfortunately, not being able to walk straight is also a side effect of the tummy tuck.  Your surgeon cut out part your skin and stretched what was left up to give you a smooth result.  Your skin will take some time to become pliable again.  Follow your post op care instructions carefully- it sounds like everything is going the way it should. Best of luck in your continued healing!

Fred Hackney, MD

No girdle post lipo

This is an individual decision by your surgeon some surgeons are concerned that patients should not put the girdle onto tight and cause compression of the veins ie the vena cava.This may predispose to pulmonary blood clots.Again every surgeon is different.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon