I would like a surgeons opinion on what they recommend to improve the image of my eyes? (photo)

I'm 27 years old and I have a couple of lines on my face that I would like to get rid of. I have also been considering getting a eyelid surgery to achieve a more awake look. I'm looking for a younger and fresher look. Please feel free to provide me with any feedback. Thank you :)

Improve the image of my eyes

Your fine lines appear early and therefore should respond well to Botox or Dysport, but you could also consider laser resurfacing for this. The lower eyelid area can appear somewhat tired due to puffiness from the lower eyelid fat pads, which can be reduced with blepharoplasty. The dark circles beneath the puffiness can be improved with volume restoration, either with synthetic fillers such as Restylane, fat transfer, or eyelid fat transposition. The upper eyelids may be slightly ptotic (drooping) and this should be evaluated to see if it is compromising your vision. 

Hope that helps and best wishes, 

Dr. Donath 

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eye lid surgery

Thank you for your question. You will need an in person exam to determine exactly how much excess skin you actually have to see if you are a candidate for upper eye lid surgery. The picture you submitted is not helpful as the view is from above your face. A true frontal is best for an on-line opinion.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Improve look of your eye area

Thank you for your question.  Based on your one picture view it is difficult to make a completely definitive recommendation and you should seek a consult from a board certified facial plastic surgeon to get the best recommendations.  However, based on your age and skin type I would lean toward a non-surgical or non-invasive approach to  improving the look of your eye area.  This may include injectable fillers, topical peels or possibly both.  Hope this information helps you in your decision making.

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving the eyes

For young individuals it is best to start with non-invasive methods of treatment such as Thermismooth that will help open the eyes.  Only if that does not work to your satisfaction and then you should consider undergoing upper eyelid blepharoplasty.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Younger, fresher look

As we mature, some of us look for ways to repair damage, prevent aging changes, and maintain improvements in appearance. Often less is better, especially in youth. You appear to have very low brows (hereditary facial feature), and eyelash ptosis (lashes pointing downward). An examination would be important, but I'm thinking a small direct lateral brow lift and repair of ptosis or pseudoptosis (blepharoplasty with or without levator tightening - depending on your examination measurements) would allow a more invigorated appearance. I would recommend an oculoplastic surgeon to address the details of lash position, lid crease, contour, level, symmetry. A treatment with laser resurfacing at the same time would be beneficial in smoothing the lid contour of the lower lids and eliminating fine wrinkles - my preference is the MiXto CO2 fractional ablative laser for resurfacing. Down time for surgery and laser is approximately 7-10 days. Both procedures can be done in the office setting very comfortably with appropriate sedation, analgesia, local anesthesia. Preserving results is very important and should be discussed prior to your procedures. Best wishes with your decisions.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Improving my eyes for a more awake look

Rejuvenating eyelids requires a thorough evaluation to address ptosis of the eyelids and evaluate to what extent the eyebrow has descended as well as redundancy of the upper eyelid skin. I would recommend a consultation to evaluate these issues. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ocular rejuvenation.

Thanks for your question!  Based on your photos and your age I believe that some Botox around your eyes and filler in your tear troughs (Area under your eyes)  would give you a significant improvement. Because of your age surgery would likely be too drastic of a step at this time. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start with some botox and fillers

Thanks for the great question and the photos! In my opinion, the best bang for your buck would be to get some botox to help with some of the lines as well as some filler in your tear troughs. The problem with doing upper eyelid surgery in males is that it can have a tendency to feminize their face. You don't appear to have an extreme excess of upper lid skin where it would need to be removed. It is difficult to tell without examining you. It's always a good idea to see someone in person who can evaluate you and provide you with the best possible surgical vs non-surgical treatment plan. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber