I want to get a rhinoplasty to fix my nose. Will rhinoplasty be able to fix my nose? (photo)

I used to tug constantly when I got anxious on the side of my right nose wing. Throughout the years it sort of made my nose all crooked and not very well shaped. Can nose surgery fix this and also make my nose bridge straight and make the tip a bit slimmer so not to look so bulbous? Thanks.

I want to get a rhinoplasty to fix my nose. Will rhinoplasty be able to fix my nose?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Yes, surgery can achieve all of those goals. Rhinoplasty can straighten a crooked nose, narrow a tip, narrow the nasal bones. Make sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist since rhinoplasty is a delicate operation. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I don't see enough of a problem that needs surgical correction. Understand that surgery is not exact and complications are possible. The risk/benefit ratio is not in your favor for surgery.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Will rhinoplasty be able to fix my nose?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Its possible to address and improve your nose.. You will need an in person consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon . Each and every issue can be discussed in detailed. But-yes--improvement is possible and likely..

Bulbous Tip Male Rhinoplasty

I doubt that pulling on your nose did any permanent damage. Your photo doesn't show a particularly bulbous tip but one in need minor refinements. The main thing that draws your eye are the width of your nasal bones for which you will need osteotomies and major debulking.

Paul S. Howard, MD, FACS
Hoover Plastic Surgeon