Want to remove hump in my nose; it has a slight angle going towards the left. Would like it to be straight & smooth? (Photos)

I want to know the best procedure to Maximize successful results and the estimated prices , you can tell me what you would price it at just want to know ball park numbers .. what would be the smartest option ?

Yes, of course a rhinoplasty can help.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I lowered the bump, and raised the tip a bit, too, because when a bump is taken off, it can make the nose look longer, so we often raise the tip as well.

The asymmetries cannot be 100% corrected, but they can be improved. 

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Want to Remove My Nasal Hump

A  rhinoplasty can be done to remove your hump and improve any asymmetries. Without a front view I cannot tell if your nose is crooked or your tip needs to be refined so you achieve a balanced proportional result. I would be happy to give you a very close estimate if I knew what needs to be done.

Want to remove hump in my nose; it has a slight angle going towards the left. Would like it to be straight & smooth?

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you would benefit from a Rhinoplasty. We need to remove the dorsal hump and redifine the tip, but also whe need to shorten the nose and narrowe it since its a little wide.  This will create a better balance in your face.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. A rhinoplasty is the right procedure for you to improve the hump and achieve good balance in the appearance of your nose. Prices vary among surgeons and cities. Your best option is to see one or more rhinoplasty surgeons, get an assessment and a quote. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear redbluff22, You are an excellent candidate for male ethnic rhinoplasty. An ethnic male rhinoplasty when performed by a skilled expert rhinoplasty surgeon should provide you a natural looking nose that looks like you were born with it. You have a very high dorsal hump and this needs to be reduced, your nose needs straightening and your tip addressed. During consultation imaging can be performed which will show you the proposed changes rhinoplasty would provide taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and your desired results.  The surgeon at that time will discuss the exact techniques that will be used to provide you the desired result. I would also consider discussing a chin augmentation as you have a slightly weak chin shown in the above photographs and this will further help balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. I would suggest seeking consultation with some expert surgeons either in your area or if you decide to travel you can start with email consultations and facetime etc. I personally offer a rhinoplasty special for real self patients that is on my public profile page. I am attaching a video above of a similar looking ethnic nose with a high dorsal hump and drooping tip on a female patient to give you an idea of a natural looking result and also a link below to ethnic rhinoplasty where you can see many examples of male and female before and after photographs. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty dorsal hump removal

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing and straightening the bridgeline, and making some adjustments to the nasal tip with all  of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples of dorsal hump removal from our practice, please see the link and the video below