Looking for nose refinement and tip reduction. My dilemma is running into doctors who tell me I don't need it or can't (Photo)

I've been told by some doctors that being African-American my skin will be too thick to get significant refinement and reduction in the tip (I am biraicial). But I see african americans like Lala with very good nose jobs. I do realize that many of the celebrities contour with makeup, however we can agree that they've had a good nose job. Lol. I just don't know where to find a doctor that can help or specializes in African-American noses. I would be very appreciative for any recommendations.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

African American Rhinoplasty

I like the pictures you posted.  Not all black patients have thick skin, not all have flat bridges, each nose is unique.  Significant improvements can be achieved depending on a few things: how thick is your skin, how strong are your cartilages and how projected is your tip.  I only do one surgery - rhinoplasty.  Thats it.  So African American noses are a huge part of my practice in Washington DC but I do need to examine and feel your nose and see your profile to see your projection as well.  Its not a bad nose but a smaller tip would look more feminine on you.  

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your questions. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. However, it depends on the thickness of your skin and the anatomy of your nose that you already have. From the picture you provided, you are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. Results vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty or have had extensive experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes you are a good candidate for this procedure .
It takes finesse and ability to deal with the soft tissues in  a careful manner .
Prolonged swelling is the rule with thick tips  but results can be very nice with time .
Contouring the nostrils to reduce the flare is easily performed with very good results 
Best regards 
Dr Shamoun 

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

African American rhinoplasty?

African American rhinoplasty? Having done this for more than 35 years and in Actresses who have had thick as well as thin noses I can tell you that there are huge differences especially in mixed race noses. I need to see a full set of photos as described on my website and those of others to give a proper answer.