I just got a micro needling procedure for my acne scars but I have to take my graduation pictures 5 days from now.

The doctor said I would be red today, Saturday, Sunday, and peel Monday. How harsh is that peel because I have to go to school on Monday. Then he said by Tuesday I should be perfectly normal. Is that accurate?

Microneedling Recovery

Yes, that sounds accurate. Microneedling depending on the depth usually heals within 4-5 days. The peeling is not harsh at all, its more of the skin flaking. Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

Microneedling Recovery

Thanks for your question!  Depending on the depth of the treatment, it can take several days for the redness and blotchiness to go away.  Usually after 3-4 days, any persistent redness can be camouflaged with makeup.  Best of luck!

Microneedling

You likely will be fine for your photographs. Microneedling redness usually resolves in 2-3 days.

Good luck, 

Dr. Norcom

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Microneedling/PRP is a Low Risk For Acne Scarring, Best Combine with Lasers, Fillers, Peels, PRP, Subcision, TCA cross

I suggest you see an expert.  Within a few days you should be fine after just microneedling.  For acne scarring its best to combine with lasers and PRP.  Best, Dr. Emer.