I had liposuction 2 years ago and my skin isn't as tight as it was post op. What can I do?

My skin isn't sagging, but it's not as tight as It used to be. Is there anything I can do to help tighten the skin?

Post Liposuction Skin Tightening

In my practice patients are offered a combination for additional skin tightening such as ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Vanquish/Venus Legacy, Sculpsure. I suggest you post pictures and see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

There is no nonsurgical way to tighten the skin.

Swelling can make the skin appear to be tighter to the increased volume within the dermis. Swelling after liposuction can make the skin seem fairly type in it will relax as a swelling subsides. There is no nonsurgical way to tighten skin.

Loose skin after liposuction

There are several options thanks to some advances and new technologies. It depends on how lax the skin is because there is a range of options. You can try Ultherapy to tighten the skin which we do frequently, you can do microneedling to boost collagen, if there's a little fat left you can try coolsculpting, and of course you might need to have the skin excised if it's hanging too much, but it doesn't sound like it. 

This is is why it's important to go to someone who is up to date on technology but who can also do surgery if necessary so you get an un-biased opinion

Skin not so tight post lipo

This is normal.Right after the surgery your tissues areswollen and hence feel firmer.Use also get some tightening but as well age our skin loses collagen and hence tends to want to sag more so this is just part of the normal aging process.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon