I have always felt my nose was crooked. I ask and some people say yes, while others say no. (photos)

I want to correct my crooked nose. I would like to know about alternative options as well, if posaible...

Is My Nose Crooked?

Based on these pictures you do have a slight hump, a wide poorly defined tip, a hanging columella, and minimal retraction of your nostril rims. Whether you have asymmetry or septal deviation with a crooked nose can be determined at the time of examination. Regardless of the diagnosis you will need a septorhinoplasty to  improve the appearance of your nose..

Crooked nose

The nose does appear to deviate slightly to your right side.  Correction would require rhinoplasty to remove or restructure the deviated cartilage.  Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose. To straighten  crooked nasal bones requires osteotomies placed in them. To straighten the midportion of the nose requires a spreader graft composed of the patient's own cartilage and placed underneath  the concave upper lateral cartilage. To straighten a crooked nasal tip requires asymmetric cartilage removal, cartilage grafting techniques and sometimes sutures applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

As an artist I like using the reshaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.

I like to to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. Because you complain of a crooked nose you will need your nasal septum and your nasal bones evaluated .I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

I have always felt my nose was crooked. I ask and some people say yes, while others say no.

Hello WillRo,

The most telling photo you have showing the nasal deviation is the last one from above.  As you can see the top (dorsum) of your nose deviats to the right and then looks to come back to the center.  This is lower down from the bones of your nose which at least in the photo appear to be straight.  If you are interested in repair this can be improved with a septorhinoplasty.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to learn about your options and what surgery would entail.  

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for crooked nose

Will-
Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, your nose is not terribly deviated, but the portion that is involves a curve of your dorsal septum to the right.  In my opinion, your only option to truly straighten your nose would include a septorhinoplasty procedure.  If you have breathing issues, these may be improved as well.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation and exam with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to find out what options are available to treat all of your concerns.
Best wishes!

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your pictures Will.  In order to best address and correct your nasal deviation, a rhinoplasty would be best.  Because your deflection is mostly along the midvault (middle part of your nose) which is composed of mostly cartilage, make sure your doctor examines the inside of your nose as well as there may be a dislocation or buckle to your septal cartilage that needs to be fixed at the time of surgery. Often times, when addressing the bone and midvault, we do have to address the tip as well to maintain harmony within the nose - again, this can all be discussed during consultation. 

in regards to things you can do in the meantime, i personally like fillers to help camouflage deflections and deviations in some patients who do not want to have surgery.  This is not permanent however - some people are more than happy to do this as they simply do not want surgery.  That is another option for you.  However, be aware that you may not get the level of correction that you want as what you can achieve with injections is limited. 

i hope this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon