I feel my nose is too large. Are these edited pictures realistic? (photos)

I feel as if my nose is proportionally too large and overpowers every other feature on my face. I feel as if the bridge as well as the rest of my nose is very wide, especially when I smile. I also feel as if the tip of my nose is largely round. I'd like my nose to harmonize with my face and I attempted to achieve that by playing around in Photoshop. Are these experimental results realistic? I'd also like to hear your honest opinion in regards to my nose toward the rest of my face.

I feel my nose is too large. Are these edited pictures realistic?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in a narrower more pleasing nasal appearance.

Based on your photos, you appear to have a wide nose on front view. Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a narrower, cuter, more feminine nasal appearance.

Wishing you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, your expectations are realistic.  You can thin the bridge and refine the tip to have a very feminine nose to better suit your face.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation and discussion.

Expectations with rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is a personal decision. The uniqueness of the nose is as unique as the individual. The goal of the operation is not to replicate someone else’s nose, rather it is to provide balance with the rest of the face and improve function. Skin type, ethnicity, and age are all important factors when discussing nasal surgery. I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon to consider your options.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The computer  imaged results do appear realistic and obtainable by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. The tip and bridge of the nose can be narrowed and refined along with  a small hump removal. The photographs also demonstrate a weak chin profile, and a chin implant can give added projection to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Realistic and conservative

I think your simulation es even cautios or conservative, technically is possible to obtain thinner bridge and sharper tip of the nose if you wish so.

You seem to be very juditious aesthetically with your own image, you deserve a good surgeon.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Doing computer imaging or photoshopping are a nice way to get an 'idea' how for nose could appear after surgery but there are never any guarantees... 

Rhinoplasty for large nose with large tip

Your goals of reducing the width of your nose the slight bump and refinement of the tip can all be accomplished to give you a more attractive than Feminine nose.  See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Large Nose

Your concerns are appropriate and your morphed results do establish realistic expectations. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result that is proportionate to your surrounding facial features.

Rhinoplasty

The best way to answer your question would be to go on consults where they take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input.  That way you will learn what is and what is not possible with a rhinoplasty.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD