I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction with fat transfer to the hips on October 22, 2016. (photos)

I feel like I look pregnant! I know everyone heals differently than I, however I don't see anyone else looking like this. I'm very sad wondering why did I do this

Turn that frown upside down!

You should not be concerned at this time! You are only a couple of weeks out from surgery and are probably still very swollen. I tell my patients to be patient and that it can take about 3-6 months before most of the swelling is gone. I tell them that they will notice themselves "shrink" every couple of weeks that pass. The key here is patience. I hope this eases some of your fears and I wish you the best of luck in your recovery process!

Ankur Mehta MD

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction with fat transfer to the hips on October 22, 2016

Thank you for your question. You are very early in posy op and healing and expected to have swelling and is going to lasts few weeks. Also you have quite bit tissue before surgery. It will get better with time. Please follow instructions from your PS.

I had an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction with fat transfer to the hips on October 22, 2016.

Did you mean Sept 22? Try to relax. It looks like you had a lot of excess skin, so it was a pretty big surgery. It is common to be swollen for 6-8 weeks after surgery and then intermittently for months. Make sure you are wearing your compression garment, staying away from salty food and alcohol. Check in with your PS to make sure that everything is healing okay.