I had exploratory surgery and it left an ugly unsatisfying deep scar and lumpiness, what's the best way to fix this? (Photo)

What is the most cost effective way to fix this? How much would it cost for a fat transfer? Maybe using only 1ml to 5ml of fat? Thanks

Abdominal Scar Solutions-Combination laser treatment

This type of scar can be improved with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp and possible revision. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar revision's

You do not need fat transfer it.

This will not fix your problem.

You have a scar that has contracted.

This is not uncommon for scars on the central abdomen or vertical abdominal scars.

Your best option is a scar vision.

These can at times be covered by medical insurance though it's far from a guarantee that insurance will pay for it or that a plastic surgeon will go through the lengthy back-and-forth process of dealing with the appealing denials for surgery.

A simple score a vision can be done in an office setting with local anesthesia and should not cost all that much.

Perhaps you'll find someone to do it for $500 or so.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD