I had CoolSculpting 2 months ago and I am still a little numb in the abdomen. Should I be concerned?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The numbness should resolve but takes nerves a long time

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Numbness after CoolSculpting

No.Temporary numbness is a common and minor side effect of CoolSculpting, and should resolve in the first 4-6 months after your treatment.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after CoolSculpting

No, numbness in the abdomen is a common side effect of CoolSculpting. While the numbness should be temporary, it can persist for up to six months after your treatment.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after coolsculpting

If you find that with every few weeks, the numbness is decreasing, then you will probably continue to have improvement in your sensation.  You may have over stretching of the nerves during your treatment and the sensation should return with time.

Numbness May Persist, But It's Temporary

Thank you for your question. I hope you're enjoying the results of your CoolSculpting treatment aside from the residual numbness! Although a loss of sensation that persists for 2 months is uncommon, it has been known to happen. The good news is that it's very likely temporary, although it may take several more weeks to fully resolve. If it continues for longer than that, or if you notice pain or other new or worrying symptoms, contact the doctor who treated you. Best wishes.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Numbness

Coolsculpting is a fantastic procedure for treating areas of unwanted fat.  One side effect is localized numbing which can sometimes last several weeks.  I would consult with your treating physician about the numbness since it has persisted for several months.  

Numbness following cool sculpting.

Hello, and thank you for this question. Although it is unusual, We have had several patients have had some numbness that has lasted approximately 6 months following the  procedure.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Duration of numbness ofter CoolSculpting

Numbness after CoolSculpting is common and usually resolves in the first couple of weeks after the procedure.  I have had patients experience numbness for a few months, I would recommend talking with your treating physician to insure there were not issues identified in your case.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness After Coolsculpting

This can happen, the same for liposuction, and typically resolves in 3-6 months but the healing process can be speed up with neurontin, an oral medication for nerves.  Speak to your board certified treating physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Numbness is normal after the procedure

I suspect you have decreased sensation. If a sensation test with a needle were done one would feel this but maybe not to the level you did preoperatively. One's sensation will return, no nerve structures are divided.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon